I have a cheap strat replica and i love it but i was wondering, if i got a real fender would i notice much of a difference?

They tend to be pretty expensive so i thought id get some opinions?!?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
i have a Highway one strat, it sounds and feels pretty amazing
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
It will depend on how well you know guitars... For me and most other people on here it would make a MASSIVE difference. But for many beginners all guitars sorta feel and sound very similar. In the long run though you will be much more happy with an upgrade.
Quote by Demonhunter04
You are my hero nodurquack.
what kinda stuff do you play?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
My sister has a Squire Affinity Strat, it's pretty nice after a bit of set up. I played a Relic Strat not too long ago and just the whole feel of the guitar is better, not to mention the tone.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
If you are used to playing a cheap strat replica then ye I'm certain you would.
Strats are very, very awesome. I've heard that the Highway -series is OK, but that it's got nothing on the American Standard.

As for how much of a difference there is, it's hard to say. Basically, a Stratocaster is quite a simple guitar, so many cheap copies are actually pretty good - however, a genuine American Fender Stratocaster will put any cheap copy six feet under, I'm willing to say.

If you don't want to spend top dollar on getting a genuine stratocaster, you could just upgrade your copy - get a set of locking tuners, a graphite nut, graphite saddle pieces, new pickups, and have a professional do a set-up on the thing - these are the things that mostly suck with cheap copies, but after that, it might well be that any problems you have with the thing are gone.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Can anyone suggest some good pickups?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

Play a lot of Hendrix, Zepplin, RCHP, Black Sabbath...anything with a good solo in it.

Im not a noob btw i do know the difference between guitars
"I want a drink"

Quote by BoxerLadABC
Can anyone suggest some good pickups?

That is completely reliant on what you play and what you want to put them in.

Most of the time stock is brilliant for a long time until you realize what you want to change in your sound.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
So, what pickups?
"I want a drink"

to reiterate in more detail:

I depends on a lot of factors. If you are talking about putting new pick-ups into your replica to get any sort of advice you need to state a few things.

What guitar is it? More specifically what wood?
What amp are you using?
Why are you unsatisfied with the current sound? More/less mids/highs/lows, clarity, crunch, ect
What are you looking to spend? Pickups range from $20 per pickup to ~$170 per pick-up. Putting $500 worth of pickup into a $200 replica strat is probably not going to be the best use of money in my opinion.
What configuration pick-ups do you have/want? (HSS, HH, SSS, HSH, ect)

Side note: for me pick-ups are the LAST thing to upgrade to pursue a sound that I want. My order of importance is amp, guitar, effects, then pick-ups. Pick-ups are great to customize your sound, but there are better uses of your money. Other people may disagree but I thought I would share my 2 cents so you can make a decision on how to spend the money.

Good luck.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
stuff.

exactly what he said.

everything about the guitar does contribute to the final tone. wood, quality of neck wood especially, bridge quality, and of course your nut.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i have both a strat copy and an american stratocaster plus. is there a difference yes and no. the strat + has Lace Sensor pickups (which i will recommend) and is very quiet. plays great as well. my copy was made by a very small company called Vineyard. the fretboard has a flatter radius which i do like better. the single coil pups are stock and can be noisy with high gain settings (but still have a decent tone). you can find MIM (made in mexico if you don't know) strats used in the $300-350 range which should be fairly affordable. if you like your copy then i'd say go for a real one i'm sure you'll like it.
Quote by BoxerLadABC
Play a lot of Hendrix, Zepplin, RCHP, Black Sabbath...anything with a good solo in it.

Im not a noob btw

Well, you spelt Zeppelin wrong.
Just to present another opinion, next to the amp, the pickups are the most significant factor to your sound (barring effects of course). Far more than the slab of wood that is your guitar.

I had a Squier Affinity Strat and upgraded the pups with only the $40 ones from Stew Mac. I found a noticeable difference. I actually liked the guitar overall, but I could never get it on with the poly-finished neck and gave it to my Dad. Apparently he's got a different chemical make up than I and he gigs with it and plays it every day (vs. his 1970 Gibson ES335).

In the music store one day I saw a HW1 for a good price and bought it on a whim. It has almost entirely converted me from a staunch Gibson man to a Strat guy. The HW1 has a satin finish on the neck and it made all the diff for me, it seems. I would highly recommend one.

And for that matter, if you get an Alder Squier, you are not far off the mark, and saving a few hundred bucks, too.
Try one, see for yourself. Pretty straight-forward.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The answer to your question is. No.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.