Page 1 of 2
Well I love listening to classic rock and metal. Bands like AC DC, Led Zepplin, Metallica, Pantera Iron Maiden and so on. But everytime Im at my moms house and she hears me listening to those bands shes like "turn that druggy music off." And I tell her its not druggy music and she always says ya it is thats what all the druggies listened to in my school when I was in highschool (she graduated in 1975).

It annoys me so bad. I dont get how she can call a genre of music druggy music considering theres drug users listening to all types of music. Can anyone give me some light on this sterotype.?
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Listen to your mom, TS older people always know better.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Call her a cunt man, she'll probably leave you alone for a bit
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Pink Floyd and the Grateful Dead. They get it the worst probably.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
Quote by faultyy
Call her a cunt man, she'll probably leave you alone for a bit

I hate it whenever people attribute greatness to drug use. All of the good things about Jimi Hendrix are apparently overshadowed by the fact that he was a druggie. Well you know what? There are people on drugs right now who are not nearly as productive and creative as any of these guys. It's an excuse for people who live crappy lives to fall on. I can write just as trippy stuff without drugs. The people are the only catalyst.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Listen to the Beatles, and then look up "Third Eye" by Tool and play that out loud.
Well, that's idiotic. Of the bands you mentioned, the only one that's good drug music is Led Zeppelin, and even then only a select few songs (D'Yer Ma'Ker for sure).

Also, I'm well aware of the Pink Floyd drug association, but am I the only person in the world that thinks that most Floyd songs make terrible drug music? The only one I can think of that would be good would be "Wish You Were Here."
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Turn on 1200 micro-grams on your boom box, walk up to her in a menacing fashion foaming a little at the mouth, look her unblinkingly in the eye and whisper, "We are one consciousness".
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jun 14, 2010,
start listening to death metal when shes around and act really dark
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Well, that's idiotic. Of the bands you mentioned, the only one that's good drug music is Led Zeppelin, and even then only a select few songs (D'Yer Ma'Ker for sure).

Also, I'm well aware of the Pink Floyd drug association, but am I the only person in the world that thinks that most Floyd songs make terrible drug music? The only one I can think of that would be good would be "Wish You Were Here."

yeah first part of your post was good. buuttttt you should have stopped there.

pink floyd not drug music!?!? and wish you were here thier best drugged up song!?!?! hahahhahaha

listen to early pink floyd. that is some tripped out expirmental stuff.

and you picked a acoustic balladish song off a album where i would say wish you were here is the worst song on that album. and its nowhere near a "trippy" song.

epic fail. just epic.
Quote by fudger
people sterotype. get used to it.

/thread
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by fudger
yeah first part of your post was good. buuttttt you should have stopped there.

pink floyd not drug music!?!? and wish you were here thier best drugged up song!?!?! hahahhahaha

listen to early pink floyd. that is some tripped out expirmental stuff.

and you picked a acoustic balladish song off a album where i would say wish you were here is the worst song on that album. and its nowhere near a "trippy" song.

epic fail. just epic.

Meh, I prefer chill music to trippy music. Now, I love Floyd, but I'm just not into trippy music when trippin'. What can I say?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Just show her Kyuss.

But she's your mom, so she's like, legally obliged to stereotype your music.
Tell her to stop making statements in ignorance. This is like the time I was going to a Linkin Park concert back in 2008. As I was leaving, my Mom said: "and don't talk to any neo-nazi skinheads!". It was a Linkin Park concert, everyone up there was either in their 20s and having a laugh or 14, fat, female and emo

She mightn't even take what you say into consideration, and plus, she can't tell you what music to listen to.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Spartan070sarge

Are you serious? Have you ever even heard Dark Side of the Moon? I didn't think there was anything trippier than that, besides some Beatles songs...

On Topic: Just tell your mom and anyone that that stereotypes them as druggies that they must really kick ass if they make millions of dollars AND do drugs. If you really want to poke the bear, tell her if she did drugs maybe she wouldn't suck at life so much... *That's probably a little much*
start listening to dubstep, thatll get her good
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
The only advice I can give you is to get a mother who isn't a moron.

This.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Spartan070sarge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHRE5dyDKTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Tne92jfxo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wud_RqEaM&feature=related

I prefer their Gilmour era, though.
Tell your mom to shove it, not everyone that likes metal is a druggy, i personally smoke pot but i'm not a pot head, i do it a couple times a month, i dont waste massive amounts of money on it, i dont skip school to do it, i don't let it control my life... i just do it for fun every once in a while.
call her music dumbass music?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by skwelcher
call her music dumbass music?

I do . Sorry I didnt respond to any of your guys's responses earlier I was busy. But she likes to listen to Elvis, Michael Jackson and country.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Majority of music is a result of drugs.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
You think you have it bad? Try telling people you listen to anything remotely electronic. You get the whole "raver" stereotype every time.

Not that I don't love the whole rave culture. It's awesome. But I'm not really a part of it.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Ironic how they were completely against drugs when Syd went crazy in 1968.

They were against hard drugs. However, that did not last very long. Richard Wright then became a cocaine addict. A band member also confirmed that they drank heavily. And I'm guessing they definitely smoked a lot of weed.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
i think the doors when you say drugs, but my mum used to drink heavily, listen to iron maiden and judas priest, i think thats how my older sister was created......
Quote by xaviergray
You think you have it bad? Try telling people you listen to anything remotely electronic. You get the whole "raver" stereotype every time.

Not that I don't love the whole rave culture. It's awesome. But I'm not really a part of it.

This.

Not music, but related:

When I tell people that I dance, they assume that I do hip-hop. I only know swing styles though, so it is often disappointing.
Tell her "Well, thats just, like, your opinion, man" or whatever the quote is
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Echohead
Your mom is a moron.

It's ok because most people are.

Yea, this in all truth.

Edit^

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Last edited by hansarvin at Jun 14, 2010,
Page 1 of 2