i have a Vox ac15 with the stock wharfdale speaker. im looking to replace this for something with more bottom end. the wharfdale speaker is 16 ohm, 30watt. the ac15 has an 8 ohm and 16ohm jack.

i plan on using a 2x12 extension cab and bypassing the stock, or could i somehow just switch out the stock speaker AND run a 1x12 extension cab simultaneously. i was looking at the celestion g12t 75 as the replacement speaker.

budget is kind of tight, no more than 300. if i cant find an avatar cab or something similar used, i may just build my own cab for the sake of saving money. im figuring 2 new speakers will be 200, then its just wood and what not.

i play a lot of drone, some doom/stoner/sludge metal, a lot of experimental feedback based stuff, psychadellic blues and jazz. so im not looking for a "modern" sounding speaker or something with a lot of high's, or too much midrange. i also play on pretty high volume settings, because the whole purpose of stuff like drone is just to use lots of volume to get that heavy sound. thanks
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )