Page 1 of 2
I dunno but this thought popped into my head randomly. There's lots of people for animal rights... anyone for insect rights? There's gotta be someone

Or fish rights for that matter.
Karl Pilkington thinks fish should have more rights than us.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
They reserve the right to get gassed and/or stepped on by me
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I mean people like "stop killing the mosquitoes" and shit.

I dunno I was mildly baked but I thought it was a funny thought lol.
They have the right to a quick, merciful death.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Personally, I don't like killing bugs (anymore) unless they piss me off.

But seriously, are we gonna draw up and enforce some sort of constitution? **** that.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Not heard of insect rights really, but there are a lot of laws in place for fishing, and a lot of people who dislike the idea of fishing all together.
Bugs have no rights. Period.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I mean seriously though, you gotta think like. The horrible deaths that cockroaches die getting sucked into those little poison gas chamber type things people put in their houses. pretty sad really.
Quote by Masshuu
and a lot of people who dislike the idea of fishing all together.

Expand on that? I might have to laugh my ass off, or I might be in the same boat.

I swear, that pun wasn't intended.
I don't kill bugs if I don't have to. I DO however kill the little assholes AKA spiders, mosquitoes, fire ants, wasps, that try to do harm upon me.

EDIT: But no, insects should not have rights.
Last edited by UntilISleep at Jun 14, 2010,
Janes.

Janism is a religion, an offshoot of Hinduism predating Buddhism, in which the killing of anything including insects is seen as bad karma.

It's basically an excuse for Obsessive-Compulsives to claim they have a religion.

Nowadays we'd just shove a Zoloft down their bug-loving throats and tell 'em to get back to work making those NIKES!!!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

TS if you were sitting next to me I would pop that idea right out of your head. Along with other things attached to it.
This thread is stupid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Insects do have rights.

The right to stay the **** out of my damn house.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Janes.

Janism is a religion, an offshoot of Hinduism predating Buddhism, in which the killing of anything including insects is seen as bad karma.

It's basically an excuse for Obsessive-Compulsives to claim they have a religion.

Nowadays we'd just shove a Zoloft down their bug-loving throats and tell 'em to get back to work making those NIKES!!!!

They're wacky guys, them Janes. They're maybe a bit more anal about it but I'm pretty sure alot if not all of those karma based reincarnation religions have some sort of "don't step on the bugs" policy.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Janes.

Hmm that's interesting, thanks.

I wonder if there's any modern non-religious activism type groups though.
Rights? like the right to vote, freedom of speech? no I don't think anyone would support that..

What kind of rights would you give to an insect?
Cornflakes
^^ You can always throw yourself in front of a flyswatter.

I actually do trap them in a cup or something and release them into my yard because I feel bad about killing them. I like it's irrational, but I feel bad for the little guys.
Quote by Jackal58
TS if you were sitting next to me I would pop that idea right out of your head. Along with other things attached to it.
This thread is stupid.

This. The whole insect rights is completely stupid. On the other hand, with a few modifications to what you are asking the whole rights for fishing could prove to be an interesting discussion.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
This. The whole insect rights is completely stupid. On the other hand, with a few modifications to what you are asking the whole rights for fishing could prove to be an interesting discussion.

Indeed. Canada and the US get quite pissy with each other regarding fishing rights.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by webbtje
Vegetable rights and peace!

All we are saying - Is give peas a chance!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Dirge Humani
Everyone in this thread seems to be ignoring that both insects and fish are animals.

I lurked through the first page like "someone has to say it...someone has to say it..." You are a smart man, Dirge.
The playground of the world
Quote by Dirge Humani
Everyone in this thread seems to be ignoring that both insects and fish are animals.

Indeed. Ant farming is all the rage.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I try to avoid killing them whenever possible, but I don't really care if someone does.... what pisses me off is when people purposefully hurt them without killing them.... if you're going to harm it, give it a quick, painless death.
Quote by Jackal58
Indeed. Ant farming is all the rage.

It's much easier to burn them with a magnifying glass if you trap them!

What is it with threads about animal/insect rights lately? I almost feel the urge to sodomize a variety of fluffy/segmented animals to make up for the seeming lack of bug squishing and barbecuing that's been overwhelming the pit lately.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
i've read about some munks that made an insect hospital.....yeah a hospital, where they helped flys and spiders....
Quote by Jackal58
Indeed. Canada and the US get quite pissy with each other regarding fishing rights.

Yep, my dad tried to introduce something on Steelhead fishing reducing the limit (since you can border hop and catch twice as many fish, I forget why he said this was bad now), and oh boy did the shit hit the fan.

You Americans do a considerably better job running your recreational fishery in Lake Ontario, I've got the scientific data to back that up (at least for last year, my dad has the data that shows the decline throughout the years and the contrast between our two countries). Our fishery is full of a bunch of morons who have based our stocking program on nothing more than what they feel like, when there is credible scientific proof to tell them to stop it. Atlantics are a joke, especially with the current strain we are pushing, and the fact that we are still dropping fish off break walls after we've proven it yields little to no success (due to the fish not imprinting) is simply laughable. I want to apologize in advance for the fact that the idiotic people in charge here are going to completely kill the fishery for both of us, since it is going to happen in the near future if the leading theory right now is correct.

It's all economic pressures though, you guys bring in a lot more money with your fishery, so you actually have to be run properly.

That being said, I shouldn't hate too hard. My dad works his ass off to show how stupid these people are, and considering he probably has the most comprehensive scientific data on our fishery (since the 70s at least) they have to at least listen to him. I don't know why I'm writing this out, it has little to do with the thread at all. Deal with it folks.

to be on topic at least a little bit, there is no reason to give insects any rights. It's the stupidity of speciesm taken to a whole 'nother level.
Quote by technicolour
Depends on the complexity of their nervous system. Fish however, are vertebrates, so yeah for fish.

How exactly are the complexity of the nervous system and a skeleton (or lack thereof) linked?
Quote by Dirge Humani
How exactly are the complexity of the nervous system and a skeleton (or lack thereof) linked?

What exactly do you propose for fishing? What method would propose to kill them with limited pain? Or are you proposing that we stop fishing all together?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
What exactly do you propose for fishing? What method would propose to kill them with limited pain? Or are you proposing that we stop fishing all together?

I was asking a question. Then you asked 3 completely unrelated questions. That isn't very nice.
Page 1 of 2