Ok i got a head and cab and a guitar.
I want to buy a device that can handle loads of effects....acoustic simiulator, chorus, wah wah etc........

so which device should i look into?

a premap or floor processor?
whats the difference between them?
which one can i use so it cannot effect my amp tone?

cheers
This question doesn't make much sense. Your amp head already has a built in preamp. And if you run a device that has tons of effects, regardless of where it sits, it WILL change your tone. That is, after all, why you're running those effects in the first place.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
I think he means what device will not change the tone when not using any effect.

For example, I used to have a wah pedal, and even when I wasn't using it, when it was plugged in, it made my tone horrid.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by MattAnderson111
I think he means what device will not change the tone when not using any effect.

For example, I used to have a wah pedal, and even when I wasn't using it, when it was plugged in, it made my tone horrid.

I guess the general answer to that is that there are very few effects units (whether floor or rack mounted) that don't have some impact on your tone. The exception would be standalone true-buypass stomp boxes, but I don't think that's what he has in mind.

If by "preamp" he actually means some sort of rack processor, the high end TC Electronic and Eventide ones have very good bypass modes. But you're usually not going to use them anyways because the effect will be turned on and doing its thing. I'm also guessing that may not be in his price range.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.