Page 1 of 5

ordered a set of dirty blackface pups from lollar. it's the blackface set with a "S" bridge pick up for the 62 RI. due for delivery tomorrow.

mint green pick guard for the 62 RI, and a set of nickle shaller strap locks. due for dely tomorrow.

and then i find out today that acousticmirror's new guitar and mine have new case dates. (the date that PRS puts them in their new cases and sends them to me).
was late august, new date June 25!

ah waiting on the brown truck... it never ends...

good times, good times.

spam away.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by stephen_rettie
... that sucks? Hate to say it but this should really be a blog.

never saw an "incoming" thread?
gregs has a papal dispensation to make threads whenever he damn well pleases.

(lulz, that's greg's pic, he posted it elsewhere)

that being said he's lurking in his own thread. I'm not sure how that works

EDIT: 8 single coils? 3, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nope, 8. 5+3=8

lol at EG, they be haten..
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 14, 2010,
i saw the 8 and got all excited that you were getting an 8 string gtr with single coils

either way, sounds gorgeous. ill be waiting for it but dont keep me/us waiting too long.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by handbanana
how about something like this?

now your doing it right!

^^ pr0n soon.
Quote by gregs1020
nope, 8. 5+3=8

lol at EG, they be haten..

oh, for the 513 as well?

and lulz
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was thinking similar to handbanana's pic. (those toggles would be a mindfuk) Good news about the PRSs for you guys though.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
how about something like this?

That's so many ways to coil-tap and reverse phase...

I bet one of those is a killswitch.

Huminah.

EDIT: it's 3 humbuckers and 2 single coils... wow..
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jun 14, 2010,
yeah looks like H-S-H-S-H

and also it looks like it had another switch on there as well that was removed
Big brown did leave something on mah doorstep!

new t00bz from tubetime dan! 4 old nos tubes.

3 rca, one realistic
in teh tweaker

1 rca 1 realistic

review, the first 2 rca's worked fine. sounded much more open, more middy but added some mud. cleans were great as they usually are with the 6L6s in the tweaker but less compressed? does that make sense? dunno, they worked for me clean.
now gainy? they were ok at best. really didn't dig that part.

but thanks Dan, I really appreciate the FREE nos tubes.

will report on the realistic and other RCA.

edit: omgwtfTWEEDCASE!!!!
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 14, 2010,
we snacking

mullard xf2s. valued at 300 per pair

nos pio caps.

scumback m55-65watt 16ohms. valued at 180 a piece

scumincos 300 each

matched pair of sylvania 6l6s, nos 12ax7s valued at more then your guitar center amp.

we snacking. more incoming.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
wow, makes me want to buy some tubes

and what the **** is that furry thing in the pic of those scumbacks??

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
wow, makes me want to buy some tubes

and what the **** is that furry thing in the pic of those scumbacks??

iz my kitty kat.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
nice work, min.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
but thanks Dan, I really appreciate the FREE nos tubes.

No problem, man. Glad to see them getting use after 15 years in some guy's closet in my amp, then 1 year in my closet in a box... The one in the second pic with the realistic is the good one. I'm not surprised the other's worked, but apparently they test 'weak.' Have fun!

Edit: Though technically isn't NOS 'new old stock?' So these are just old stock...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by AcousticMirror
we snacking

matched pair of sylvania 6l6s, nos 12ax7s valued at more then your guitar center amp.

we snacking. more incoming.

lulz

nice glass min! i got brown coming today too. should have 3 of those singles i spoke of earlier.

^ dan yea i guess it's uos, used old stock.

also - Should i buy this amp for $250? It's some old 5e3 clone thingy?
Yes, you should. Then you should use it for two months and get bored. Then you should sell it to me at the same price.

(Meanwhile I should stop drinking for 48 hours straight every Friday so I can actually save for it.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
$250? lolwut?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
$250? lolwut?

i was thinking that's a bit steep too. i'll have to see if he'll do $180.

now i have to run out for a minute and you just know brown is going to stop by with my snax while i'm out.

leaves note... pls mr or mrs ups pursin, pleez leev mah bockses, kthxbai me
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
$250? lolwut?

yeppers. delivered to my local pub for me to check out. needless to say, i brought her home.

They don't sell these at Guitar Center Min! (isn't that where you buy your used amps? )
Quote by AcousticMirror
what's that a hot rod deluxe?

snackages from jason lollar and musiciansfriend?
what have we here?
a loaded pickguard from jason lollar,a '62 strat pickguard, and some lockys.

gotta swap the blackfaces and special bridge over to the strat.

i can't believe you got that for $250 that is awesome
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i can't believe you got that for $250 that is awesome

i know. he said it tended to "feed back" a bit if he had it all the way cranked.

ok, so i ordered the lollars wired so that i didn't have to worry about my tech screwing that up. it's wired so the first tone works the neck and middle pup, and the second tone knob works for the bridge pup. i put it on the mint guard and made this nice little fender tweed package.

also imma ask kyle/colin/jof to move this to gg&a since it's more gear than guitars.
Dude, that set up must sound AMAZING.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
^ yeah, looks sweet
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tubetime86
Dude, that set up must sound AMAZING.

if i only had a cable.

actually the jack isn't wired to the guard so i can't yet test the lollars. i'm getting that rectified tomorrow. my tech owes me one for not getting the last guard correct.

getting that amp for $250 makes me not care as much if i don't get absolute top dollar for the amps i'm selling.

that entire rig, MIJ 62 RI strat, loaded lollar pick guard, original ts-808 (not a reissue), tweed case, strap, locks and amp cost me a grand total of $1275.00
not too shabby imo. the pups were almost as much as the guitar.
Quote by gregs1020
if i only had a cable.

actually the jack isn't wired to the guard so i can't yet test the lollars. i'm getting that rectified tomorrow. my tech owes me one for not getting the last guard correct.

getting that amp for $250 makes me not care as much if i don't get absolute top dollar for the amps i'm selling.

that entire rig, MIJ 62 RI strat, loaded lollar pick guard, original ts-808 (not a reissue), tweed case, strap, locks and amp cost me a grand total of $1275.00
not too shabby imo. the pups were almost as much as the guitar.

uraregularwoodieguthrie
Quote by gregs1020
$1275

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
yea turns out it's a mojotone 5e3 kit. sells for $700 new, un-assembled.

i'll have my amp guy look it over, there's a little noise on the normal channel. otherwise, it sounds great. the bright channel is very nice.
hey guys don't tell greg but

i'm putting his snacks down my pants.
Page 1 of 5