Any ideas?
Budget of £300

Or would I be best off getting a VOX VT30 as it has the Marshall JCM800 model on the amp settings

Any thoughts or suggestions?
You could save 100 more and get a used JCM800 combo. Other than that, a Marshall Class 5 is about as close as possible without going into modelling territory.
Quote by phlip999
You could save 100 more and get a used JCM800 combo. Other than that, a Marshall Class 5 is about as close as possible without going into modelling territory.

+1
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

The HT-5 is a steaming pile for what they charge. You can do better.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
jet city 20 watt is great for what youre looking for

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Peavey VTM is said to be a JCM800 clone.
I'm getting one tommorow for $200 +Shipping
Quote by bubb_tubbs
The HT-5 is a steaming pile for what they charge. You can do better.

very much disagree! let the tubes warm up and it was much better than a marshall class 5 imo.
^ Really setting the bar high for the comparison there, aren't we?

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by daverichards
very much disagree! let the tubes warm up and it was much better than a marshall class 5 imo.

you when both preamp tubes power up it sounds really killer. then you can hit the gain channel and have so much transistor boost it'll rock your socks off. yum. All of that for around 600 bucks? So good.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
CRUSHING OVERDRIVE

I'm not a fan of the HT5... but I am just wondering. Just a few months ago, everyone was riding the bandwagon, always recommending the HT5. I would see it in every thread! So... what happend?
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
^ You can't believe the hype on this forum when a new product comes out.

Give it a few months and see some circuit diagrams, gutshots, and hear some demos.

Lots of us keep quiet until we have enough information to pass judgement.

Quote by handbanana
Peavey VTM is said to be a JCM800 clone.
I'm getting one tommorow for $200 +Shipping

Using a VTM as a practice amp is as much of a crime as using an 800 as a practice amp
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.