okay i wont bore you with a wall of text..
but i live in New Haven, Connecticut and my parents want me to move out, Im 20 years old but they feel i need to develope responsibility. Which is completely understandable.

BUT. They want me to move with my dad (my parents separated in 1996) in Orlando, Florida because he has a full time job for me...Connecticut is pretty much a wasteland, there's nothing here. It's a dead end for me.

I know NOTHING about Florida, the people, places, venues, food, stores..anything.

How could i go about meeting people and possibly starting a band down there? its a completely new world for me and i have no idea where to start.

Now Im dating this girl, weve been going strong for about a year and shes 19 but she obviously cant move there. So in the long run i'd be losing my friends, my girlfriend, my band, my jobs here and my home to go attempt to build a better life thousands of miles away.

What do you think pit?
Up to you :|

Personally, I'd go
Lets say you go, worse that can happen is you move back in with your mum if you don't like Florida
If you don't go, you might always wonder why
Whats the job anyway?
And you could just go for say a week to see whats it like?
Last edited by Gods_Gift at Jun 14, 2010,
Move.
Now.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
All I read was "sticky situation".

You've probably come to the right place for advice on that TS.

EDIT: Read through it. You said yourself where you are now is a dead end.
I'd say move. It'll be tricky at first, but in the long run it'd be worth it I would've thought.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at Jun 14, 2010,
Well, you may be losing a lot, but there is also a lot to gain. Most likely you can always get a new girlfriend, and maybe a band, you just have to weigh the pros and cons.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Are you going to school at all?

I'm 20 and still live at home, but probably only for another year before I move away for university.

Thought still scares me a little.

Best of luck, man.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I think you should try to stay. Sure youre in a boring place, but you seem to have a pretty decent life that I, and many other people dont have the fortune of having. The only thing different there is the weather... and the people suck down there
Quote by Thrill-house
You could go to Florida and visit for a little while just to see if you like it.

That sounds reasonable.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If you don't go, you'll keep wondering how it would have been and regretting not going. If you do go, you'll live a new experience and discover a new place, and if you don't like it, you can always go back home with the satisfaction of having at least gave it a try. It's a win-win so I'd say you should go.
move. in the long run it'll be worth it. you've gotta think 3 steps ahead...
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
ok thanks everyone..im moving in july for 2 weeks to try out just living there. The job is an HVAC technician, my dads friend is the manager so i can probably squeeze my way in whenever i decide to stay. Thanks alot everyone!