I play bands such as Metallica and Megadeth but I also play a good ammount of songs by bands such as As I lay Dying, As Blood Runs Black and Killswitch Engage. Would a Peavey 6505 fit this type of style?
Quote by perfectchaos23
I play bands such as Metallica and Megadeth but I also play a good ammount of songs by bands such as As I lay Dying, As Blood Runs Black and Killswitch Engage. Would a Peavey 6505 fit this type of style?

Judging off of merely the criteria you gave I'd say yes. The Peavey 6505 and 6505+ are the most common and popular amps in metal nowadays. It's the go-to for a lot of guys who are looking for a good metal tone with a modern flavor. Imo it'll serve you well.

That being said let me give you my gripes with it and this is just personal.

Imo it's way too trendy for me (for good reason, currently imo they're the EMG's of the metal amp community).

The distortion is very heavy but the cleans are lackluster for sure.

Idk how to explain it but somehow to me (the best way to put it) it somehow lacks "flavor" or "tang" so to speak. It find it to be saturated but somewhat very dry and straight forward. It's got a rugged, saturated, modern sound imo and I hopefully said that in the way I meant lol.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say in that last statement is that you'll find it hard to make it "sing". It's got a very rugged voice to it.

Anyhow that's my two cents. All in all based off what info you gave. I'd say it sounds it'd suit you.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Well i want something that has atleast decent cleans because some of my favorite metallica riffs are the clean ones.
In that case (and I know I've been whoring this out a lot lately), go for either a Bugera 6260 or 6262. They're clones of the 5150/6505 family, but their cleans are much better.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by rocknrolldude43
In that case (and I know I've been whoring this out a lot lately), go for either a Bugera 6260 or 6262. They're clones of the 5150/6505 family, but their cleans are much better.

I was gonna get at this lol. I own one and I love it a lot more than any 6505 I've tried. The cleans are imo a big step up and it's a lot more versatile.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
6505+ combo is nice.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rocknrolldude43

cleans are better but, imo thats it. I cant explain why but i just didnt like the gain on the bugera. sold few weeks later
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by dogtags99
cleans are better but, imo thats it. I cant explain why but i just didnt like the gain on the bugera. sold few weeks later

Faulty maybe? I can't understand how you wouldn't like it..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
im going for the 6505 112 combo when i get enough money and i play bands jus like you. the only thing ive heard is that yea the cleans arnt so hot but also that the speaker in the combo isnt the greatest. so i was thinking of replacing it with a celestion. but if your getting a half stack that doesnt matter.
Quote by Adam124
Faulty maybe? I can't understand how you wouldn't like it..

dont get me wrong i think bugera's arnt bad, just not my cup of tea..
It wasnt faulty..just didnt like it compared to other amps ive had
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
The 6505 would do the job fine but I'd go for something with a bit more of a Marshally tone - like a Splawn for example.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The 6505 would do the job fine but I'd go for something with a bit more of a Marshally tone - like a Splawn for example.

Don't the guitarists in Killswitch use a Splawn Nitro?
I think the 6262 is a good option...

I might be completely wrong here..but I THINK (not 100%) the majority of clean stuff by metallica is played and recorded on amps specific for clean and the dirty stuff is designated to another amp. Again, not 100%..but I think some of the clean solos have been done by a Roland Jc-120..

You'd save enough by going the 6262 route that you could get another amp for all your clean stuff...

EDIT: Unless you really like the cleans on the 6262 enough that you wouldn't want another amp just for cleans. A lot of people love the 6262 cleans.
well someone completely changed my mind about the 6505 combo. lol im gunna try both the 6505 112 qnd the 6262 212 but i have been swayed to the bugera side of the board. try one out? im going to compare the two withing the next month or so.