You sir, are a Nickelback fan aka the lowest form of life on Earth. Quite low in my opinion.
I really don't understand why people hate on Nickelback.

I really really don't.

Cool voice, cool music. Sure, it's not mind blowingly awesome music, but its plenty good for what it is. Why all the hate?
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
can you give some valid points saying why you dont like them? is it the fact that they were one of the pioneering sounds of the late 90s/early 2000s and happened to catch on and many bands adopted the new style Creed and themselves were putting out? is it the fact that they have millions of fans worldwide and you're jealous that such simplistic writing can get such a fan base while (i'm assuming you listen to metal) your music tends to be highly criticized and disliked by the general public? (i listen to a tonne of metal btw).

so please, if you're this heart set on saying they suck, lets see why you hate them enough to start a forum on it.

EDIT: checked your profile and it says Arctic Monkeys. you know that here in Canada, they have next to no following and are known to us for being immensity annoying right? for wanking off on their instruments among other things
Last edited by User_Name336 at Jun 14, 2010,
I really, really did try and construct a long and valid argument why I loathe Nickleback so very much. But I couldn't.

No words can do justice to show how much I detest their 'music'. Their teeny-bopper rock'n'roll, clean cut post-grunge, generic, recycled, uninspiring, uninteresting, cloned, mass-produced aural trash.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Nickelback are a pretty good thrash band. But personally, I am more into death metal like Slipknot and Underoath.
Quote by RawPower218
Nickelback are a pretty good thrash band. But personally, I am more into death metal like Slipknot and Underoath.

This is too ridiculous for anyone to even think it's serious . You're a bad troll.
Quote by User_Name336
can you give some valid points saying why you dont like them? is it the fact that they were one of the pioneering sounds of the late 90s/early 2000s and happened to catch on and many bands adopted the new style Creed and themselves were putting out? is it the fact that they have millions of fans worldwide and you're jealous that such simplistic writing can get such a fan base while (i'm assuming you listen to metal) your music tends to be highly criticized and disliked by the general public? (i listen to a tonne of metal btw).

so please, if you're this heart set on saying they suck, lets see why you hate them enough to start a forum on it.

EDIT: checked your profile and it says Arctic Monkeys. you know that here in Canada, they have next to no following and are known to us for being immensity annoying right? for wanking off on their instruments among other things

Its a funny/stupid video...who cares? I don't like Nickelback, I don't need to explain it. The video's just for fun.
Quote by sebastian_96
No words can do justice to show how much I detest their 'music'. Their teeny-bopper rock'n'roll, clean cut post-grunge, generic, recycled, uninspiring, uninteresting, cloned, mass-produced aural trash.
Honestly Silver Side Up and the Long Road are pretty good albums, I don't care how mass-produced and generic they were. It sounds good to me so whatever.
I don't know. I can, in no way, appreciate a 40 year-old man whose "edgy" rock songs seem most accessible to teenage girls and their moms...
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by dillon1022
This video was completely retarded...that being said, this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ is their best ever.

@guitarhero: Cool, but I in no way respect or enjoy anything that band does or has to do with. I come from the mindset that music is art and that you should explore your very mind and soul to write music that is fueled by passion and creativity.

Nickelback doesn't follow this. Unless all they think about and strive towards is being a bunch of n00bs.

That answers why I personally dislike Nickelback. Now go ahead and listen to them, doesn't bother me, as long as you don't put it anywhere near my ears.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by User_Name336

...at least they're not Nickelback
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
Nickelback have yet to make their funniest vid. It will be the one where they visit Charlie Manson in prison and his guard lets him loose on them to make ammends for the bilge they have pumped out over the years.

They are just utter shite. It's the sort of music listened to by people who thought Alice Cooper was the devil and Def Leppard were too heavy.
Got it:
Pacifica 604w, Hohner G3T, PRS SE Soapbar I, Schecter Ultra I
Fender 'evil' Twin, Marshall 2554 combo
Quote by afoolandaknave
Nickelback have yet to make their funniest vid. It will be the one where they visit Charlie Manson in prison and his guard lets him loose on them to make ammends for the bilge they have pumped out over the years.

They are just utter shite. It's the sort of music listened to by people who thought Alice Cooper was the devil and Def Leppard were too heavy.
To be fair, Nickelback are probably one of the heaviest bands on mainstream radio today. Don't judge them by their hits.
There isn't really any heart and soul in their music. It has such a corporate vibe that really turns me off their music. It's way too generic and recycled (as stated above) and the fact that so many shitty bands (theory of a deadman) are sucking them off doesn't do good for their image. If they changed it up every once in a while they might not come off so douchy. Plus wasn't Chad's real last name like Turdtin or something like that lol?
Quote by User_Name336
can you give some valid points saying why you dont like them? is it the fact that they were one of the pioneering sounds of theBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sorry. If I read something I don't understand my mind becomes full of vuvuzelas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qehuyXOmkRs&feature=watch_response_rev

This video is the best. Nickleback is everything that is wrong with music.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
that video is stupid. Nickelback is a good band and for people who think his voice is whiny, get hearing aids.
Quote by danishgibson
that video is stupid. Nickelback is a good band and for people who think his voice is whiny, get hearing aids.

lol You get a hearing aid. He sounds like "a moose in heat."
Quote by User_Name336

Just because something is popular doesn't mean its neccesarily good, in the same way most popular people tend to be arsewipes. Also I'd hardly call Nickleback a pioneering band at all, they seem like a really toned down Pearl Jam to me.

I think the reason most people, including myself, dislike Nickleback is) precisely because of their music's simplicity (simplicity is also not bad in music as long as it is done well, such as Son House's music), because it doesn't really challenge the listener at all and hasn't really gone anywhere in their last few albums. I'm not saying its a bad thing to like Nickleback, if people do that is there choice, I just think music should be about more than just giving your target audience what they want and should offer some innovation.
Last edited by Road Eyes at Jun 22, 2010,
Quote by AllModCons330
Nickelback is so "funny"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DeRXiO4ETM

You can't class Nickelback as a bad band. There is no such thing called good or bad music because there is no real argument with backbone that can prove why it's bad, all you are coming up with is reasons why you don't like it, not why it's bad. And anyways, all these bands today that sound like Nickelback e.g. "Hinder" "Default" "Theory of a deadman" "Seether" All came after Nickelback. Nickelback where the first back in the late 90s early 20s that had that sound.

I personally think Nickelback are a great band with a good variety of songs. Sure that's just my opinion but at least i can admit it is.
Quote by MegaMetalJoe

I personally think Nickelback are a great band with a good variety of songs. Sure that's just my opinion but at least i can admit it is.

Quote by MegaMetalJoe
great band with a good variety of songs.

Quote by MegaMetalJoe
good variety of songs.

Quote by MegaMetalJoe
good variety of songs.

wat.

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
I really, really did try and construct a long and valid argument why I loathe Nickleback so very much. But I couldn't.

This this this this this.

I like the vid.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.