So I just bought a Pog2 on ebay for $270 shipped. Which is great considering its NIB. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any useful settings for it. I'm sure its mostly going to be me tinkering, but there are alot of sliders and im thinking im going to be overwhelmed.

Also, iv been buying alot of random pedals lately. Some useful, others might not be worth the price. To the point....iv been looking at the TS-808, but theirs like 3-4 versions of it. Which one is the best bang for my buck? Tone differences? I play on the stuff in my sig and play classic rock if thats important. Would an over-drive pedal be worth my time/money?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 15, 2010,
Listen to John Mayer's "In Repair" ....he uses a pog to make his guitar sound like an organ, it's awesome. As far as settings... can't help you.
Quote by MacFamousKid
Listen to John Mayer's "In Repair" ....he uses a pog to make his guitar sound like an organ, it's awesome. As far as settings... can't help you.

Thanks for the song recommendation. I'm not a Mayer fan, but the guy is a great guitarist. Its prob the voice, im not a fan of vocals. I'm mostly going to use it for some Jack White kinda stuff, but the organ is going to be great. I wonder if I can get that "green onions" sound. I dont think anyone has tabbed out a guitar version of the organ though.

Only thing that sucks is I have no idea what the buttons do. I guess ill just have to play with it. Not like im going to hurt it.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by teamhex

Only thing that sucks is I have no idea what the buttons do. I guess ill just have to play with it. Not like im going to hurt it.

They are pretty self-explanatory, each slider contrals the volume of one octave, me too the first time I saw a Pog/Hog, I got frigthened by all those controls, but its easier to dial in than it seems really.
Last edited by Sguit at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by Sguit
They are pretty self-explanatory, each slider contrals the volume of one octave, me too the first time I saw a Pog/Hog, I got frigthened by all those controls, but its easier to dial in than it seems really.

Im talking about the dry signal, attack, ect ect.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Nothing? No info on anything?
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by teamhex
Im talking about the dry signal, attack, ect ect.

Dry signal would be the amount of dry signal in the output, attack probably controls how aggressive the onset is of the extra octaves. Doesn't it have a manual?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Dry signal would be the amount of dry signal in the output, attack probably controls how aggressive the onset is of the extra octaves. Doesn't it have a manual?

Im sure it does, but I havent got it yet. I guess there should be an online one though. I really posted this thread for the TS808, but I guess its no big deal.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
There are better tubescreamers than the TS-808 imo. Stuff like the Fulldrive and the OCD come to mind. Maybe even more boutique if that's what you're into.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
There are better tubescreamers than the TS-808 imo. Stuff like the Fulldrive and the OCD come to mind. Maybe even more boutique if that's what you're into.

I just want the Ray Vaughn tone and heard he used one so I figured hey that would be a great pedal, but theres like 3. Im sure if I bought the vintage one it would be fine, but $180 for a single effect seems like alot. Theres other versions that are cheaper, im just wondering what if any is the difference between the reissue and a cheaper one.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10