So I think i'm buying this head tommorow.

My question is if I wanted could I connect my head to just the speaker in my Marshall AVT50 Combo? It has a plug that goes from the speaker to the Amp on the back, could I just remove that and plug it into my head?

I can take a picture of it if that helps
as long as the ohms and wattage are ok yes you can, the only problem i can see is the cable for the combo being too short. personally i wouldn't do it with the avt i woukd wait a little longer and get a decent cab first
Quote by britishsligean
as long as the ohms and wattage are ok yes you can, the only problem i can see is the cable for the combo being too short. personally i wouldn't do it with the avt i woukd wait a little longer and get a decent cab first

Combos aren't usually made so that the amp section can be bypassed... I would say that you will definitely need a new cab as well to go with the head.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I understand all that, but my room 3 floors up, and for jamming in my room i didn't feel like carrying a cab all the way upstairs. But I mean theoretically, if the ohms fit, and I got some kind of extensio0n for the speaker cable(cause it is very short) would it work. Thats all I wanna know. I know it probably won't sound great but I just wanna know it itll work.

BTW The head is a Peavey VTM 120 if that makes any difference
And my speaker is 4 Ohms
Last edited by handbanana at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by seemeel
Combos aren't usually made so that the amp section can be bypassed... I would say that you will definitely need a new cab as well to go with the head.

I disagree. A lot of times, they are.

Handbanana, congrats on the VTM, I have a VTM60.

I don't think your combo's speaker will be rated for at least 120W, though.