This past weekend, I had the best luck of my life. I upgraded my ampage like no other.

Let's start at saturday.

I email a guy on craigslist about his amp. I tell him I'll trade him a Peavey Valveking 112 combo with the footswitch, a brand new in the box BOSS OD-20 Drivezone Twinpedal, and a Danelectro Daddy O pedal.

He emails me back and he's interested in checking it out.

I drive for 2 hours to meet this guy at his house and check out the amp. I played his amp and I was instantly happy.

He played with my valveking for a bit, made sure the pedals worked and everything was in good shape then said if I'm happy, he's happy...

I carry this 84 lbs beast to my care and lift her in there.

When my friends and I get into my car and pull away I yell

HOW IN THE HELL DID THAT GUY TRADE ME A 5150 2x12 COMBO FOR A VALVEKING!!??!?!?!?"

Yup, traded a 112 Valveking and a couple pedals for an original run Peavey 5150 2x 12 combo!

SO geeked about that wicked trade.

Now I've always heard that 5150's have awful clean tone.

This thing sparkles. I love everything about the cleans! The reverb is so tasty. The crunch on the rhythm channel is great, pretty versatile tone. The lead channel absolutely screams!

I had it plugged into my 1960AV 4x12 cab and it was nothing short of orgasmic. lol

Easily one of the best amps i've played. I don't know how it happened, but I will not question it.

So Sunday rolls around.

I take a break from playing my new 5150 and I look at craigslist. Not really for anything in particular, just for the sport of it all.

I think the strangest amp EVER.

I am instantly interested in it.

I email the guy saying I'll trade him a Marshall 1960AV cabinet. And he responds just as quickly as I asked.

He drives to me to drop this amp off.

I take it up to my jam room and I'm playing it. Instantly fall in love with the crunchy light rock tones I get. It's just a great amp, great for country, indie, classic rock, and I can even push some nice metal tones out of it.

Well, this amp you ask... Well, first off, it's completely custom and hotrodded. lol

It's a Krank Chadwick head. Mounted inside of a Rev+ combo.

The head is upside down, but it was all done by the Krank factory themselves.

Suck a versatile amp. I like my cleans out of my 5150 better. But this Krank has a pretty fat clean tone. Great crunch. I can get pretty nice sounding cranked VOX AC tones or JCM800 crunch pretty easily. The envelope knob is pretty cool, widens the variety of tones I get a lot. Overall pretty solid amp.

I love both trades so much. Both amps are phenomenal, and the upgrade to my overall rig just tops it all off. From a valveking plugged into a marshall cab... To a 5150 and a Krank Chadwick...

So ridiculous, here are some more pictures.

So glad to be back on UG. It's been a couple months.
:O beautiful
'grats man
GEAR

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Vintage Sunburst)
- Ibanez AS73 (Artcore - Piano Key Ivory)
- Fender Super Champ XD
- Behringer Hell Babe Wah Pedal
- Digitech Hot Head Distortion
- Digitech Bad Monkey OD
wow.

way to work the used deals.

also i did lol at the 5150 for cleans, because they get so much bad rep here. i don't have a problem with them but they aren't exactly pristine which i think is what people expect. why, i'll never know.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 14, 2010,
The krank is pretty cool. I'm actually going to turn the combo into a head and cab config. I'm building a box for the head and i'm downsizing the combo so it's just a 2x12 cab.

The cleans I get out of the 5150 are joyous! So chimey and sparkley. I love it. The reverb is perfect, ad im so glad the reverb is footswitchable, unlike the VK.
^ The VK's reverb isn't very nice anyway, I always leave mine off.

Also it's not that unreasonable to trade a VK + pedals for a 5150 combo. You can find them for like 400 bucks on a regular basis.

Otherwise congrats! The Chadwicks are supposed to be damn good amps. I hope you're running the 5150 and the Chadwick in stereo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Raijouta, I know they are easily findable at cheap prices. But that is still a kind of ridiculous trade... Also the chadwick makes up for it. Lol. Such a bitchin' amp.

I didn't think about running it in stereo. I suppose I shall.
That's...

Awesome. HNAD, and great trades.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Wow, killer amps dude! Combos are the best!

HNADs!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Wow... that's something you don't see everyday, someone who likes Krank amps.

Oh yeah, that trade is something you don't see everyday either.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Kitty, I'm not too crazy about the Krank.

But it's a pretty nice amp.

After i make it a head/cab i'm probably just going to move it for something else.
YAY!

Finally some Chadwick love. I've been DYING to get my hands on one.

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Sweet! Chadwicks are awesome. Awesomeeeeeee cleans on those.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dittos to the suggestions of running both at the same time. Methinks you may just wet yourself if/when you do that!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
that guy with the Chadwick offered it to me for my Rectoverb! but I traded it for something else...

...HNAsD!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
NIce! Happy new amp(s) day man! What I would give to score them haha.

Oh, btw,

Now I've always heard that 5150's have awful clean tone.

What? I can't hear you over the sound of my 5150
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Spiff i'm pretty sure I offered the chadwick for your rectoverb. Haha. That's awesome.

I'm actually in the process of trading off the chadwick. I dig the 5150 much more.

I'm looking for a mesa combo or another ESP/LTD EC-1000 Deluxe in snow white or silverburst.

and actually 311 you can click the pics and it'll take you to photobucket.

I currently don't have anything to record though. Until I get my macbook pro next month. =]
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Spiff i'm pretty sure I offered the chadwick for your rectoverb. Haha. That's awesome.

main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Totally just traded my Krank Chadwick for a ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe and skb hardcase. Lol.

I'm happy, that's all that matters.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Totally just traded my Krank Chadwick for a ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe and skb hardcase. Lol.

I'm happy, that's all that matters.

I would've bought an EC-1000 and traded you - those things go super cheap around here.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I got cash in the deal man. Lol

I really needed a second guitar. The EC-1000's are my favourite. Only pre 2008's though.
anyone who trades a 5150 2x12 for a valveking 112 must be retarded, that deal was definitely worth the drive for you

HNAD