I havent played as much in the last week, ive been at the beach, and i started playing today and my playing has been absolutely terrible. The guitar I've been using for the past 2 years doesn't even feel like i've ever used it before. Why can't i play well today?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
practice makes perfect and u probably suck....nah just kidding its that u aren't used to it
you gotta warm yourself up, you cant just pick up the guitar and go.
and yes practice makes perfect
Meh, you go through phases... it's more of a mental thing. Sometimes I can barely play chords, and solos that I have learned sound like arse. but the next day it's all good again. Who knows, maybe we just need to de-stress or something.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Have you moved to a different location? The weather has a big effect on your guitar.
Hi, I'm Dean.

Peavey Windsor Half Stack
Blackface Fender Twin Reverb
Fender HSS MIM Strat
ESP LTD Viper-100 w/SD
Dean USA Splittail
Epiphone 56' Goldtop reissue
Quote by SRVDean
Have you moved to a different location? The weather has a big effect on your guitar.

yeah but the weather's been the same in both places... really hot :P
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I've found that if I don't play for a day, the next day I'll be terrible. It's really scary - like I take one day off, and now I've unlearned everything and lost all my skill?!?!?

You just have to kind of let your body get used to playing again. You should be fine tomorrow.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I find it the total opposite. If I take a break from playing I have a fresh prospective. It feels new in a good way. Not like a newbie playing for the first time. Then again I have been playing for more then 30 years.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.