been looking at the solo,dual,and tri rect. and wanted to know what you think i should look into. Ive always wanted the tri rect, but am willing to give the others a chance.

Ive owned a good amount of tube amps and i was happy with some,just not enuff to keep'em. I tried the tri at guitar center and i really couldnt dial in a tone i liked. I think i read somewhere that it takes awhile? this true?

anyway thanks for the advice
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Triple rec will give you the most flexibility... while I don't own one, my mate does and he has all his dial settings written down, because they were so hard to get right. So yeah, it does take a while, but it's worth it when you get it right.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I would personally go with a Dual Rec, you can find them for really cheap on craigslist / ebay.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by dogtags99

Ive owned a good amount of tube amps and i was happy with some,just not enuff to keep'em. I tried the tri at guitar center and i really couldnt dial in a tone i liked. I think i read somewhere that it takes awhile? this true?

anyway thanks for the advice

most of the recto owners I know tell me it takes a year or so to find your optimum tones, but using the (relatively boring and generic) recommended settings in the manual can give you a good idea of what it sounds like before you buy one - afterwards, you have to tweak till you find the sweet spots.
Yeah, the Dual Rec tone is a pretty standard tone in metal these days. I'd personally get myself one - got a mark IV already though.

Having said that, have a look at the Mark Series.
yeah, i found a dual of ebay for $500. how diffrent if at all is the dual and tri's distortion?
in terms of modern gain?
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by Arterial
Yeah, the Dual Rec tone is a pretty standard tone in metal these days. I'd personally get myself one - got a mark IV already though.

Having said that, have a look at the Mark Series.

yeah ive looked into them as well, not many around to play with tho. My local guitar center has the solo and tri recto,they were the only i can play around with.. id really perfer the combos but...like i said havent been able to find one to play..you know anything about the 5:50 mesa?
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by dogtags99
yeah, i found a dual of ebay for $500. how diffrent if at all is the dual and tri's distortion?
in terms of modern gain?

The Dual and Triple are pretty much the same in terms of tone (if you're talking same revision, theres been quite a few revisions of them, like the older 2 channels)
The Triple will have more headroom (although 100 watts should give you more than enough headroom) and it has an extra 5U4 rectifier tube, which may or may not give more sag when you're using the tube rectification (I havent played around with them enough to be sure). Also, having more power means the Triple has bigger transformers, which will change the tone very slightly, but honestly you probably wont even notice that.
Quote by dogtags99
yeah ive looked into them as well, not many around to play with tho. My local guitar center has the solo and tri recto,they were the only i can play around with.. id really perfer the combos but...like i said havent been able to find one to play..you know anything about the 5:50 mesa?

The Express 5:50 looks really really cool. Though I don't know if it will give you as much gain as a Dual Rec. I'm not 100% sure what kind of tone you're looking for, but since you're looking at Recs, it's safe to say you're going for high gain. 5:50s look like they excel at blues and classic rock tones. Not really modern high gain.

But if you like it, then get it.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
The Express 5:50 looks really really cool. Though I don't know if it will give you as much gain as a Dual Rec. I'm not 100% sure what kind of tone you're looking for, but since you're looking at Recs, it's safe to say you're going for high gain. 5:50s look like they excel at blues and classic rock tones. Not really modern high gain.

But if you like it, then get it.

im looking for modern high gain,think ill go with the dual. The express looks awesome! but it wouldn't work for what i needed it for. i dont play much blues or classic rock too
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Last edited by dogtags99 at Jun 15, 2010,
Never played one but from what I've heard the 2 channel Dual rectifiers are supposed sound the best. Not sure what your budget is but if your looking for versatility and alot of great tones I would check out the Axe Fx. If you want you can listen to a clip I did with the Dual Rectifier sim in my profile.
Nah, ive learned my lesson. with all the money ive spent trying to find a cheap way to get that mesa sound, i could have owned 4 rectos already
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by dogtags99
Nah, ive learned my lesson. with all the money ive spent trying to find a cheap way to get that mesa sound, i could have owned 4 rectos already

+1

Stop-gaps don't save you money.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.