and his innocent kin,
War is childish,
in so many ways,
Were all only people,
Black white or gay,
I could preach my ideas,
for so many days,

And the ones who will listen understand the pain

Just a quick poem i wrote describing how i was feeling, I've been having a lot of thoughts realizing exactly what kind of world we're living in, and the childish things we do for materialistic reasons. I'll leave it at that without getting to political ha but i was really kinda into this poem for some reason.
Last edited by Fender/marshall at Jun 14, 2010,
Normally I'm against hippies, but I'm with the message of this poem through and through. I especially like that you added in the gays to the mix rather than keeping it strictly about racism as homophobia affects people of all genders and race.

As for a small critique, I would take your last line and separate it from the rest of the poem. It needs (needs is a strong word, but in my heart I like it better this way) to be a separate stanza, all alone. That one sentence has so much power in it that it can hold the rest of the words aloft without being physically connected.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by badreligion17
i dig this poem alot man, and you're totally right

Thanks a lot man!

Quote by schmidty3000
Normally I'm against hippies, but I'm with the message of this poem through and through. I especially like that you added in the gays to the mix rather than keeping it strictly about racism as homophobia affects people of all genders and race.

As for a small critique, I would take your last line and separate it from the rest of the poem. It needs (needs is a strong word, but in my heart I like it better this way) to be a separate stanza, all alone. That one sentence has so much power in it that it can hold the rest of the words aloft without being physically connected.

Hey man, now that i look at it, I really do agree with you about that last line. Thanks for the support and the critique it means a lot man.