I'm planning on getting a big muff. I had one and got rid of it for some reason, but now I want it back. I was looking at the Big Muff with tone wicker but I can't find any used and it's basically the same to the original. I found a used Russian Big Muff so I'm thinking about that, partially because they're getting rare. So what do you guys think I should get: the original Big Muff or the Russian Big Muff. The original is $35 and the Russian is $85.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
I saw a used Russian muff in the hollywood guitar centre for either 30 or 40 bucks, I wouldn't pay 85 for one personally. As for the wicker muff, which is what I have, I'd recommend shopping around for one cos they are worth it at a reasonable price IMO. It's a raw muff with more tone control and you can get a lot out of it. However the build quality follows that of the ehx nano range which isn't overly impressive though it shouldn't break on you if you respect it. The original muff is cool and a good price, but you could always see if you could get something a bit more vintage. Hope that was of some help to you
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Depends if you want something high gain and more fuzzy or something with lower gain and a bit more of an OD/distortion flair.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Depends if you want something high gain and more fuzzy or something with lower gain and a bit more of an OD/distortion flair.

elaborate. which pedal would be which sound?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt
Quote by crzysnowborder
elaborate. which pedal would be which sound?

The Russian has maybe about half the gain the NYC Reissue has, and has a bit more of an OD/distortion vibe (IMO) than the NYC which is pretty damn fuzzy

I prefer the NYC myself, but they're pretty different pedals so it really depends what you're looking for. I'd really suggest trying both out or at least looking at some videos if you haven't yet.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
The Russian has maybe about half the gain the NYC Reissue has, and has a bit more of an OD/distortion vibe (IMO) than the NYC which is pretty damn fuzzy

I prefer the NYC myself, but they're pretty different pedals so it really depends what you're looking for. I'd really suggest trying both out or at least looking at some videos if you haven't yet.

which makes me lean towards the russian. thank you.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
You can call me Matt