Poll: Which Amp
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp
Jet City 20W 1x12 Half Stack
3 33%
Fender Blues Junior
6 67%
Voters: 9.
I went to the GC today and tried out these two amps (guitar in question was a Squier CV 60s, all knobs on max). I couldn't decide on either. Here's why:

Fender BJ: Cleans were nice, and the amp was surprisingly loud.

JCS: Cleans were ok, and the distortion was thin (even with the bass and mids on near max). But I can't entirely blame it in my heart-of-hearts, b/c it may be due the limitations of the pickups themselves.

Thing is, I know I'll be gigging soon. But I'm trying to decide (I will be getting an OD pedal later) on which is better. I play blues, classic rock and hard rock.
I would personally, out of those two amps, get a the Blues Junior and then buy a distortion pedal later, I also play blues and hard-rock.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Honestly, I played a Jet City once and I was very underwhelmed. Like you said, cleans are kinda bleh and the distortion is pretty farty sounding. Personally, I love the blues junior with a strat and tubescreamer (or whatever OD floats your boat). I think if you can find one used for around 400 or so dollars that would be the way to go.

That's just my humble opinion though...
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by FuzzLove
I would personally, out of those two amps, get a the Blues Junior and then buy a distortion pedal later, I also play blues and hard-rock.

Tks for the advice--it really helps. Can it be heard over a drum kit tho? (this kit would be aggressive like Van Halen)
Quote by captainsix
Tks for the advice--it really helps. Can it be heard over a drum kit tho? (this kit would be aggressive like Van Halen)

Yes, a Blues Junior will have zero problem keeping up with a drummer.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Erm, yeah, I'd say that you would be able to hear a Blues Junior over a drum kit, if you turn the amp up a lot and the drummer isn't a gorrila.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
definately the blues jr. the jet city sounds very sterile. i'm dying for a blues jr actually. i love the cleans on it, and throw a little od over it and you've got something wonderful there. and like its been said before, an od/distortion pedal will get you any sounds you want. they take pedals amazingly well. i vote BJ and dont look back!
The JCA50 is better than them both, IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The JCA50 is better than them both, IMO.

btw, what does all that greek say?