Birthday is coming up and I've been hassled by relatives for gifts. I decided to spring for an actual bass distortion (Boss OD-3 cuts my low too much to use in my band), and I've narrowed it down to these two EHX pedals.

I'm only coming to you guys cause I just could not decide between the two after three solid days of researching them. I, of course, intend on trying out the pedal before making the decision.
I just can't feel a difference in the two. I like the Blogger's ability to just be a fuzz, but I've heard mixed things about it when compared to the legendary Big Muff.

Really I'm just looking for opinions from some trustworthy players, so I naturally came here.

Thanks bros and brahs.
If you want a real bass distortion box, go with the Bass Big Muff Pi. It is as close to an industry standard bass distortion box as you are likely to find.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I would stay away from the Blogger, as an effects junkie I haven't heard good things about the blogger, I had watched a few demos for it as well and I was not impressed. As for the Big Muff, I have one and it is the main distortion pedal on my current board(that is until my B:Assmaster come in soon), I love it. The question I have for you is are you looking for distortion or fuzz?

but between those two I would pick the Big Muff hands down.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Fender Jazz V
Yahama Pacifica 112
Acoustic B200h
2 custom 1x15 cabs
Vox AD30VT
too many pedals
I think the question is how did you "narrow it down" to those pedals, when the sound really quite different. What are you looking for in a distortion pedal?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I don't lose low end with my ODB-3. Maybe try tweaking your settings. Dial back the highs on the pedal and boost the lows a bit, or bring up your lows at your amp EQ stage.

I run my bass into an ODB-3 and then into a Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mFOH2uFRQI
Quote by Lazarus.Bird
I don't lose low end with my ODB-3. Maybe try tweaking your settings. Dial back the highs on the pedal and boost the lows a bit, or bring up your lows at your amp EQ stage.

I run my bass into an ODB-3 and then into a Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mFOH2uFRQI

Not ODB-3, OD-3. It's a guitar pedal. Dudes at Guitar Center scammed me almost. It was my fault for not double checking haha. I use it for For Whom The Bell Tolls, though, and it's perfect.

Quote by gm jack
I think the question is how did you "narrow it down" to those pedals, when the sound really quite different. What are you looking for in a distortion pedal?

When I started playing I wanted distortion like a guitar, but the more live experience I got, the more I realized how easy it is to get lost under the guitar's distortion. I'm looking for a pedal that'll let me have fun at home on my own, but still have a distortion that can be noticed live and still recognized as a bass.
What sort of distortion are you looking for? More of an overdrive tone or a thicker fuzz sound? Examples are always nice.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Sorry my fault for misreading! Just assumed you were talking about the ol' dirty bastard. It's more or less a one trick pony but I think it's great for what it does.