My band stopped into Guitar Center for a minute so our drummer could pick up some sticks.. I walked over to the guitars and was looking around while this stupid employee was trying to sell me this "awesome" squire telecaster..

He was just jabbing away and I was scanning the wall. Then, I saw it. It was a poplar burl Ibanez S series. I was in awe since I love S series, especially the poplar burl (I own a S2170FW).

This thing was beautiful. It had 24 frets and the new kinda weird round fin inlays.. At first I thought it was one of the new S770PBs. But, as I got closer, I noticed it had what appeared to be abalone binding around the body and around the neck like the LTD EC-1000s. I was in awe about to ask this moron to get it down from me so I could play it and look at the model number, when the rest of the band came and yelled for me so we could leave..

I looked at all the pictures I can find for the S770PB but none of them have the abalone inlay / binding.

If anyone can please help me with any information it will be greatly appreciated.
That is one sharp guitar.. But not it.. Thank you sir.

I thought it was the 770, but every close up picture I find doesn't have the neck inlay / binding like the one I saw. I guess I must trek the hour and half and just find out myself then find the cash.
Quote by Raijouta

They sell you a $6000 guitar and give you STOCK PICKUPS....
Not even Dimarzio, EMG, or Duncans...
I know you have to give them a chance, but that's a disappointment...
Quote by LolCatGuitar

No one's gonna keep the pickups they put in it anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Hahaha.. I'm pretty sure I'm passing on the squire.

As for the 6 grand S.. I'm pretty sure it's being sold on looks, sadly.
Quote by LolCatGuitar

they dont care about the pups on that model,its a showcase limited edition,means that it is not meant to played..

they have real pups on guitars that are 1499+,for example a 3570 has real dimarzios..

BUT they have a tradition(a stupid one,or because of the ultra thin body or etc,etc.)of never putting good pups to the S range..
It has a camphor body which my the cause of the price too.

Though it doesn't mean anything for the tone since it's really muddy.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
just go back and see it.

maybe these???
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-EGEN8

r u sure it was an s series? maybe it the the Ibanez SAS36FM
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
how about this?
Ibanez s5400
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Yeah.. I'm sure it was a S.. It had a ZR-Trem.

The s5400 is close.. The the body looks like the 770 though... The binding on the s5400 is different... the binding on the neck went around all the edges on this one and it had the inlays of the 770 as well... I'm going to be highly pissed if it is a 770 because, I mean, I dunno. None of the pictures show the binding / inlay.. Or maybe I imagined things..

I'm going up there Thursday and I'll be sure to take some pictures.
Sure, it looks cool, but its going to take some modding to get that retardedly cheezy plastic switcher out of there.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Gosh damn it mother of pearl!
I couldn't stand it so I called.. The guy said it is the S770PB.
But I swear it has that inlay. Maybe it's just so small that you can't see it on pictures. Oh well. Good thing is it's only 800.