I have an Ibanez Prestige 2550E with the edge pro trem system. Currently the string gauge on the guitar is 11-52 and it is tuned in D standard. What I'm wanting to do is change the strings to .095-44 and tune up to E standard. What else needs to be done to the guitar in order to do this? Truss rod adjustment? Action adjustment? Tighten/Loosen the springs? Trem currently has all springs (4 or 5 can't remember exactly). Will I need to lose some springs or can I keep the current number of springs? I know nothing about floating trems and before I dove into changing the strings/tuning I wanted to know what I was getting into.

Thanks
step one, read the FR sticky at the top of the page.

step two, follow it's instructions

step three, rawk out
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
You have an Ibanez Prestige 2550E, and yet you know nothing about trems?

In any case, yeah, just read the sticky.

Sorry if I come off as an asshole. I just don't understand situations like this...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I dunno if the FR sticky says it but when changing string gauge, you might have to adjust the truss rod, if so, then very minorly anyway. Clockwise to tighten, anti-clockwise to untighten (thats the memory code, negatives together, anti-&un-), in your case you have (or might have) to slightly tighten the truss rod, but Id first set the guitar up and then see if its necessary. Might wanna find out a lil bout how the neck should be if youve never adjusted a truss rod before.

The FR guide probably says how to intonate an FR so I wont preach about it...

Jonathan
I read the guide. Doesn't say anything about changing string gauge. Just talks about what each part of the trem does and how to adjust it.

As for not knowing how. I traded on a whim for the guitar because I wanted to try something new (RG as well as Edge Pro). Everyone has to start somewhere and I'm slowly learning. I'm pretty sure I've got the trem setup down pat. Never have been to knowledgeable about truss rod adjustments though.
anti-clockwise...

You should post this question in the Floyd rose thread.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
A process like this will either be completely painless or utterly excruciating. Good luck man.
I've never messed with the truss rod on any of my FR guitars when changing string gauge.

1.Block the bridge level where you want it when your done.

2. Tighten the springs in the back a bit

3. Take off your current strings

4. Put on the new ones

5. Tune them up to pitch. If the bridge starts rising on you, tighten the springs in the back some more

6.once they are all tuned to pitch, slowly and evenly lossen the screws in the back, until whatever you used to block the bridge falls out, or BARELY slides out

7. Check tuning, if they are all flat, tighten the springs a TINY bit. If they are all sharp, loosen them. Only do this step if they are all evenly flat or sharp by a large amount. Prolly won't have to do this step.

8. Lock the nut and use the fine tuners to make final adjustments.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Changed them. Had to adjust spring tension as well as remove two springs but overall I'm happy with it. Especially for my first time. Still has a little buzz on the lower strings that I'm trying to figure out how to rid of but all in all it turned out good. I like it alot better than the heavy gauge strings and d standard tuning.