Hey, I just got back home from a week long trip and plugged in my guitar and no sound came out.

I narrowed it down to both of my pedals (fulldrive and ds-1) I unplugged the DS-1 and just went through the fulldrive. When the pedal is off, there is sound coming through the amp but once I switch the pedal on there is no sound.

I have the pedals plugged into a 1-spot and I unplugged the 1-spot from the wall before I left. I did not, however, unplug the cables from the pedals. Did that do something to the pedals? I usually don't unplug them anyways but since I was gone for a week maybe that did something?

Help??

Thanks!
Did you try using a battery?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
i know that when they are running off batteries, when you leave the cables in it drains them.
Is bad ass one or two words?
I just tried batteries on the DS-1. Nothing.

They are powering on, but just no sound....
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Did you plug the Onespot back in?

yes. haha
Are your patch cables bad? Did you try new cables? Have you tried shifting the cables in the jack? Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the pedals(they do get corroded, especially on the DS-1)? Are you positive that your amp is working, with no pedals? Try putting batteries in them yet?
Have you plugged in the right order?

Like: Guitar - (in) pedal (out) - amp?
Quote by ethan_hanus
Are your patch cables bad? Did you try new cables? Have you tried shifting the cables in the jack? Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the pedals(they do get corroded, especially on the DS-1)? Are you positive that your amp is working, with no pedals? Try putting batteries in them yet?

I don't think it's the patch cables. I swapped it out and still the same thing. I also tried shifting the cables. The contacts look fine and the amp is working. I actually tried it with two different amps.

Quote by SanJose
Have you plugged in the right order?

Like: Guitar - (in) pedal (out) - amp?

Yeah. I played it last week and just unplugged the 1spot and left. Hasn't been touched since.
your pedals are broke! send them to me for free .

nah but seriously if you left the cables in then the batteries are dead. The bypass in them doesn't require battery power to pass the signal through i believe.
Quote by ozzybob
I don't think it's the patch cables. I swapped it out and still the same thing. I also tried shifting the cables. The contacts look fine and the amp is working. I actually tried it with two different amps.

Sometimes the contacts will look fine, but they actually can be corroded, and cause no signal to get through, it happens rarely, but it happened to my DS-1, and is now starting to happen with my TS9.

The only other things I can think of is that it either fried a cap, or knocked a wire loose internally, or something in the pedal is shorting to the case. I'ed open it up and just look around for any burn marks and such. If you can't find anything take them to the place you bought them if the warranty is still good and get them replaced. Boss has a 5 year warranty, don't know about Fulltone.
Wellllllll funny story. I plugged them back in after opening them up and now they work fine. I'm 100% positive that they are plugged in the same way as they we when they weren't working. Maybe since I haven't turned them on in a while they were being weird..? I don't know, but thanks for the suggestions!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Sometimes the contacts will look fine, but they actually can be corroded, and cause no signal to get through, it happens rarely, but it happened to my DS-1, and is now starting to happen with my TS9.

The only other things I can think of is that it either fried a cap, or knocked a wire loose internally, or something in the pedal is shorting to the case. I'ed open it up and just look around for any burn marks and such. If you can't find anything take them to the place you bought them if the warranty is still good and get them replaced. Boss has a 5 year warranty, don't know about Fulltone.

I'll keep that in mind and keep an eye on the pedals. Thanks