hi everyone, i'm about to start recording a band that has a few songs with meter changes in them. in cubase 4 is there a way to set the click to automatically change the meter of the metronome? they have a song that starts in 4, moves to 7/8, then somewhere there is a bar of 12/8, etc... is there a way to set the metronome to change so i don't have to stop at those sections, change it, and then have them record that particular section until it changes again?

any help or ideas are appreciated
yes. read the manual.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
i dont know how you do it in cubase, but it should be fairly simple to do. it should be as simple as inserting a marker. check the help file or manual, search for something like "tempo marker."
Quote by shinhoman
yes. read the manual.

x

which page is it on? i've searched. i don't ask questions unless i've searched. the manual is completely retarded in explaining things.
page 399, in the section on tempo changes.

yes, i actually downloaded the manual to find it. and yes, it took longer to download than to find the info.

i will say that it isnt exactly what i would have expected, so figuring it out would have been a bit odd. i personally prefer the way its done in some other DAWs, but i guess this way makes sense too.
Quote by jof1029
page 399, in the section on tempo changes.

yes, i actually downloaded the manual to find it. and yes, it took longer to download than to find the info.

i will say that it isnt exactly what i would have expected, so figuring it out would have been a bit odd. i personally prefer the way its done in some other DAWs, but i guess this way makes sense too.

wow... you are an observant one sir. i must've looked over that page 100 times trying to figure it out. thank you
no problem. i kinda figured where it would be based on other DAWs ive used. was in the second or third section i checked.

not sure why it has such a short section for that, it seems like a feature they would want to broadcast more. idk, i use stuff like that quite a bit anyway