EVERYBODY LISTEN!!!!!

Pop is based on what is able to appeal to the majority......sadly we are left in the minority.....But that does not mean we are the better people.....Bands like the Jonas Brothers are just bands that are currently in the mainstream.....The fact that maybe they cant play a decent solo is beyond that.....I personally suck bad at soloing.....But I consider myself a strong-versatile musician, I can play drums, guitar, bass, sing, piano, trumpet, songwrite etc....

The reason why pop bands are Popular is because they appeal to the music generation!!!! Popular bands are never the ones that appeal to the 30-40 year olds.......They are the ones that appeal to the 10-16 year olds.....And we are in the generation of club music and happy-dance tunes......In the 80's there was more of a rebelious/angsty-ish phase (that was just an example)........

BUT!! I do still believe that Pop music needs to take a turn on a more creative side pretty soon (that is what steers the music industry into a different direction)......Its the same old story for every generation....."""""Band becomes famous because they try something new (but not too new) and everyone loves it to death, More bands of that same style/genre get noticed by the spotlight for their similarities to the newly famous.......THAT is the new "mainstream"......5 years later it is retired to a different style when someone steps up to the plate.

Pop is never bad unless it is taken to a point in the mainstream where creativity is null and conformity is two thumbs up...Otherwise GOOD pop bands are ones that bend the style, but are not quite the new thing yet.....

Peace...
OH MY GOSH! What a groundbreaking discover! It's a shame no one has concluded this sooner!

Good job man!

old topic is old
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by truANT111

The reason why pop bands are Popular is because they appeal to the music generation!!!!

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
Let me Know what you think! and we can discuss this topic and hopefully not turn hostile in any way hahaha.
Pop is delibratly made dumbed down and marketed towards kids.How can anyone with integrity respect that?You can keep your bells and whistles.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by MightyAri
Pop is delibratly made dumbed down and marketed towards kids.How can anyone with integrity respect that?You can keep your bells and whistles.

Oh god...

And it begins...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Wow you guys...I was just hoping people who DIDNT get what pop was could reply....Im no retard I just wanted to say this and discuss with people who all-round enjoy MUSIC....

(and I dont want a reply to this stating how bands like Jobro's/miley cyrus/ gaga etc. are all shit and all that...I know That Already!!!!)
Explain yourself here, and you can be forgiven.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by truANT111
Wow you guys...I was just hoping people who DIDNT get what pop was could reply....Im no retard I just wanted to say this and discuss with people who all-round enjoy MUSIC....

(and I dont want a reply to this stating how bands like Jobro's/miley cyrus/ gaga etc. are all shit and all that...I know That Already!!!!)

GTFO
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by MightyAri

I do not respect it at all actually....Its crappy music hands down. I like Pop that is more on the experimental side....you know? Catchy but with meaningful lyrics and maybe some new instrumental sides to it.

But never the shit that hits #1 everyday. I avoid that music as best I can.
Quote by ShareCash!
Wow, surprise, Retard.
Thats just common sense...

anyway,
Make money, you can even be captain obvious like this guy!

Hell, even this guy can do it.

Oh my God, TS just got torn a new asshole by a spam site promoter
Quote by truANT111
I do not respect it at all actually....Its crappy music hands down.

Actually, no. That's your opinion.

I happen to like a lot of pop music. Especially Gaga. It's catchy music.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Don't feed the troll, he'll go away soon. Just let it die.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by truANT111
I do not respect it at all actually....Its crappy music hands down. I like Pop that is more on the experimental side....you know? Catchy but with meaningful lyrics and maybe some new instrumental sides to it.

But never the shit that hits #1 everyday. I avoid that music as best I can.

Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

I think I used Gaga in the wrong matter there...mybad...In my opinion she is very talented but circums much of her music into the generic sounding area....It does sometimes shine through though.

All Music should be catchy, there is no excuse for a song to not be catchy...Pop music just ends up falling into generic lyrics that express no emotional reason or anything like that. Not ALL pop....just a hefty majority
Quote by truANT111
I think I used Gaga in the wrong matter there...mybad...In my opinion she is very talented but circums much of her music into the generic sounding area....It does sometimes shine through though.

All Music should be catchy, there is no excuse for a song to not be catchy...Pop music just ends up falling into generic lyrics that express no emotional reason or anything like that. Not ALL pop....just a hefty majority

Click me

/thread
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
For God's sake - when you're in a hole stop digging.
Quote by Skibolky
Quote by truANT111

All Music should be catchy, there is no excuse for a song to not be catchy...

Bullshit.If you were to base a song on a serial killer should it sound "catchy"?If you were unbelievibly angry or in a psychotic state do you feel like making "catchy" music?
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
For God's sake - when you're in a hole stop digging.

Why am I in a hole??? I didnt ask you guys to read this article, I was just posting something that was on my mind...

You can go read other posts that have to do with things that seem better worth your time.
Quote by MightyAri
Bullshit.If you were to base a song on a serial killer should it sound "catchy"?If you were unbelievibly angry or in a psychotic state do you feel like making "catchy" music?

Well then I dont believe its trully a song......It might even be closer to a poem for that matter
Quote by truANT111
Why am I in a hole??? I didnt ask you guys to read this article, I was just posting something that was on my mind...

You can go read other posts that have to do with things that seem better worth your time.

Try a blog. UG sets you one up for free, and when you post something in the Pit that everyone's thought about a thousand times before, expect to be flamed repeatedly.
Quote by Skibolky
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by truANT111

That's what a blog is for.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Thanks for better suggestions guys, I'll look into that soon enough.

I'm still new to the site's features other than tabs....Don't flame me for saying that either lol
You are right about the dance thing. Pop today is written for dance clubs and whatnot. I'm fine with that. It's just that haters gonna hate.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I do not enjoy most of the pop/dance stuff....But Honestly I like it when it has some kind of redeeming qualities in it.....Like the the song "I'm in Miami, Bitch!" By LMFAO.....I dont like a lot of their music because it sounds generic, but this song has a beat that I really enjoy and it sounds original for the most part.
Or for that Pitbull song, I can't remember the name but it has a pretty fun beat and has some creativity put into it.
I am age's 15-20 generation. And I hate most shit on the radio lol. My friends don't understand me for the fact that I like shit that takes talent and strong songwriting to pull off....thats exagerated but they still piss me off sometimes lol.
Quote by truANT111
Well then I dont believe its trully a song......It might even be closer to a poem for that matter

Well that's all fine and dandy but how is a song not a song?