Here is the "song" I've written...sorry for some bad audio parts the fan was blowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IJq1DINFg8

First off what do you think? I don't understand anything about music theory and very little about the different chords etc. My problem is the the verse section and chorus are completely different from each other, and I don't know how to make them "sync" together and flow together better. I like both progressions, but when I try and put them together, they dont sound quite right together. Thoughts? I've tried moving the barre chord chorus around the neck but nothing quite sounds right.
Do you understand anything about the key of a song? That is probably the problem with the two progression, it was a little hard to hear but could you list the chords you play for both, cause it maybe as simple as changing the first chord of the second progression to make them sound like they belong together.
It's kind of difficult to give you definitive advice on this but sometimes playing a major chord and then changing to a minor chord can be really effective. So for example playing G major and then G minor. That isn't something you might instinctively think of doing as such, but sometimes even changing just a couple of notes can be just as dramatic as anything else. You should also do some research on relative minors (A minor is the relative minor of C major etc)

This is just a general response of course, keep experimenting until you find the sound you're looking for.
Quote by ak10
Do you understand anything about the key of a song? That is probably the problem with the two progression, it was a little hard to hear but could you list the chords you play for both, cause it maybe as simple as changing the first chord of the second progression to make them sound like they belong together.

No, I don't understand what the key of a song means, but hear are the chords, maybe you could help me out?

I capo the first fret. the first four chords are 077600, xx7750, xx7650, xx0450
the second progression is 587565, 557865, 668766, 668666

any help would be appreciated. thanks.