Ok, so as of now, I've been teaching myself on how to play the guitar for about 6 months. The first few months have been great, it seemed like I was gonna be great after a year but right now, I've pretty much hit a wall. Like, I don't know what to do. I think the best way out of this is to get lessons, but we can't afford it right now. So do you guys have any tips for a self-taught player like me? I really want to get better, like at least to the point where I can play Sweet Child O Mine perfectly or something. And could I still become a great player even if I've started playing at the age of 15? I've read some things that for a beginner that age is pretty old.

And if you guys also have time, can you please check some of my guitar videos on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/xXeCkZ17Xx) and give me some feedback (like if I'm doing something wrong, etc.)?

Thanks.
You can become a great player even if you start at 25.

I only watched one of your videos, but your playing seems clean and accurate which is good. One thing I would work on is not moving your forearm so much when picking individual notes, you want to get the motion out of your wrist instead. And relax a little more, you like slightly uncomfortable but this is more of a performance tip than playing.

Other than that, you're doing well my friend. Keep up the good work and keep practising.
Also listen to more music... sweet child o mine... seriously...

Try out some Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Jeff Loomis, Michael Angelo Batio for some serious guitar work. I know after i started listening ot more complicated music, I could see all these techniques and styles that i never would've heard before.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
instead of of weekly lesson, try to have monthly lesson, perhaps you can afford it this way......
tired of finger speed exercise and turned into slow blues improvisation lately