look what came today (well, yesterday by now). it's a guild GAD-M20, and yes, it's all mahogany. sounds warm, surprisingly loud considering it's got a 13 3/4" lower bout and is 4" at the deepest point, and not boxy like a lot of small guitars. fell in love with the tone after trying it at a local store, and since i had a credit at AMS, i just couldn't help myself.

btw, i'd say this also proves that i can't shoot gloss finish guitars yet using my new camera

Nice one patti! I wish I had a hog guitar. Sounds real smooth, haha.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
So, an all-mahogany small-bodied guitar. How's it sound? Parlor-sized guitars have a tendency to be a bit too bright, does the mahogany round out the tone?
Nice hog, my friend has an M20, very good guitars indeed
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by randomtom at Jun 15, 2010,
Oh lawd...

I kan haz?

Beautiful guitar. HNGD!
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
thanks, all

the mahogany does mellow the tone, but the bracing is also probably a big part of the equation. i have another guitar on layaway, and it sounds completely different - strong, resonant and but also not too bright. neither sound boxy, either, which is the usual curse of smaller guitars.

Quote by Bikewer
So, an all-mahogany small-bodied guitar. How's it sound? Parlor-sized guitars have a tendency to be a bit too bright, does the mahogany round out the tone?