Page 1 of 2
Ok, Im basically a metalhead, (without the hair) though I play anything from RHCP to Metallica.
Now something funny, is that sometimes when my girlfriend asks me what Im doing, Im obviously playing the guitar. At times, its learning something new. Now a translated (partially made-up) conversation.
Her: Hey bun! (yeah, she calls be bun, in finnish)
Me: hey
her: what are you up to?
me: learning Holy Wars
her: why wont you learn something nice for a change?
me: this is nice.
her: its just screaming
me: "whad'you mean Im not kind? just not your kind..." (ok I never rly said that... but you know the song )

and it goes on and on...

long story short, do YOU know any songs that are nice and you can play one to a girl? and dont be a smartass, tell which ones. (for questions like these, ive seen the next one post "yes." xDDD) What I think, it goes to Hendrix (from what I play) if I wanna play something she can listen, For the love of God isnt bad either, just not the solos and after all, those are pretty weak examples, does anyone know anything really good n nice?

thanks
Jonathan
Learn some songs she knows and/or likes.

Or just generally well-known songs like Livin' On a Prayer and Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Play Et Toute Le Monde by Megadeth, acoustic and change the lyrics.
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
learn some Dire Straits. 'Romeo and Juliet' is probably a good start for what you're after.
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Soita sille PMMP'tä :P

No but really, uhm.. Isn't Megadeth's the.. 'A Tout Le Monde' something like that maybe
Try some Armik if you feel like a bit of gypsy-jazz-flamenco. Might be a bit technically difficult, but only because it is EXTREMELY different from, say, Megadeth. Oh, and it probably is better suited for a flamenco guitar or nylon string...
I learned Hearts Burst Into Fire and Everlong for my girlfriend. It all depends on whether or not you have similar taste in music.
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
D= Holy Wars is NOT screaming, tell your GF she just made me cry by insulting the first metal song I ever liked. But...ON TOPIC...umm...Judas Priest - Angel, maybe?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
crystal mountain- Death
-play it acoustic w/ no words

NIB- Black Sabbath (up until the my name is Lucifer verse)

or u could ask her what she likes
nothing works better than dave matthews Satalite (insanely hard to play and sing together imo) and two coins by dispatch ALWAYS works. ALWAYS. dave crash into me is kinda easy and works.

they are acoustic songs, but im just sayin. and good smooth electric song sould be give me one more chance - tracy chapman. kinda smooth, romantically based but not too mushy. good opp for a lead solo.

imo pick something romantic but not way to cheesy and mushy cause thats cleche. i would pick something fun or again like dispatch two coins which is romanic but its not like "i love you so much baby bla bla bla". thats just dumb.
Megadeth? Steve Vai? Seriously people?

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Ask her what some of her favorite songs are (make it not so obvious that you want to learn them). Just ask her in conversation one day. Learn them and one day surprise her. She'll be happy.
This. I don't know why anyone would suggest anything else.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Mother Supieror - Coheed and Cambira, Pearl of the Stars - Coheed and Cambria, and anything by Taylor Swift (trust me, its the only way!!)
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Quote by MrFlibble
Megadeth? Steve Vai? Seriously people?

The funny thing is everyone's suggesting A Tout Le Monde, which is about committing suicide. o_o Sorry for the off-topic post, but TS, that might be a bad idea to play. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
well just find out what she likes to listen to and play that.

for me although nickelback's 'far away' made women melt in front of me hehe =-D
Quote by Enix165
The funny thing is everyone's suggesting A Tout Le Monde, which is about committing suicide. o_o Sorry for the off-topic post, but TS, that might be a bad idea to play. XD

but still you have to admit that steve vai's songs are relevant..
Quote by archenemyfan
but still you have to admit that steve vai's songs are relevant..

Iunno, I don't listen to Vai. XD *flameshield*
Quote by SlayingDragons
a tout le monde - megadeth
the day that never comes - metallica
astronomy - metallica
fade to black - metallica
journeyman - iron maiden
actually whispering a prayer and tender surrender are ok ideas

try ten words or rubina by satch

patience by gnr

better still write something for her.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
better still write something for her.

This. My boyfriend and I have completely different music tastes (which makes me wonder why I stay with him, seeing as music is my life. Ah well.), so instead of learning songs that he really likes (especially since so few of them have guitar in them) I just pick up my acoustic and write music for him on that, and despite how much he hates rock, even when I add some electric guitar into songs I record for him he melts hearing them

EDIT: Yes, I'm a guy
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Just Breathe - Pearl Jam
One Crowded Hour - Augie March

learnt those a few months a go for my (now) ex GF, she absolutely loved me for learning them. They aren't overly Cliche, and pretty smooth on both Acoustic and electric guitars.

off topic: The songs weren't the reason ok?
Quote by :Vicious--
banned cuz you have succesfully wasted my time. you must pay

Quote by Metal Axe
Banned because you may waste my time

Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because yes, you may waste my time.

May I waste your time too
Quote by SharkSandwich
a tout le monde - megadeth
the day that never comes - metallica
astronomy - metallica
fade to black - metallica
journeyman - iron maiden

Fade To Black's about suicide, and The Day That Never Comes is about dying too, I'm pretty sure. I don't think singing to your GF about how Death greets you warm would be a good idea to please her. XD Although the instruments alone on Fade To Black ARE absolutely beautiful...
Quote by SlayingDragons
My ex would get in the mood whenever I played "PSYCHO" by Lower Class Brats, does that count?
What I want to find is a girl who gets excited when I play "I'm Not That Kind of Boy" by Anal ****
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
This song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw72P2exPfo

I bet $5000000000000 you've never heard this band before.
Its called Superdrag,if you like rock "n" roll you like Superdrag.
It's like the most underated band ever.Its a mix of Rock and roll and Beautiful Melodies.
They had one hit in 1996,thats it.
I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO LISTEN TO SUPERDRAG MUSIC!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV6eDvgiG4

Play the vocal line of this on guitar.

Quote by kumamilesbear
This. My boyfriend and I have completely different music tastes (which makes me wonder why I stay with him, seeing as music is my life. Ah well.), so instead of learning songs that he really likes (especially since so few of them have guitar in them) I just pick up my acoustic and write music for him on that, and despite how much he hates rock, even when I add some electric guitar into songs I record for him he melts hearing them

EDIT: Yes, I'm a guy

Im really jealous of you. Gays ftw.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at Jun 15, 2010,
FHG by Tenacious D.

It's tender, sweet and all about getting it on. Play this song and she will make sweet love to you and cook you breakfast. Or she'll call you a pig and slap your face.
Unintended - Muse

/i believe that is the thread
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
basically any song by john mayer! lol i asked a bunch of my close friends that are girls what they think are songs that girls generally like, and john mayer was the one recurring artist aside from taylor swift :|
Hands Down-Dashboard Confessional

Wear a condom
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Page 1 of 2