it has been 6 months since ive started playing the guitar. there have been days where i would play for 10 hours, doing spyders and crap till i bled myself to death.

but now i got nothing! unlike when i started, i dont feel any change in speed or feeling whatsoever after i practice spyders. most songs i wanna play or know are on electric guiatr, or use special techniques, or are taught by crappy teachers. songs which i can i learn prove to be no challange, and i feel i just do math homework on a subject which i already know.

ive just started theory with my teacher, and technique drills and hard songs just seem too far. what do i do?
What about practicing scales? They are a great way to build speed and accuracy.

You may also be hitting a little rut in your progression with guitar. It happens to everyone. There are going to be times you feel like you want to throw in the towel but just stick with it.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
What about practicing scales? They are a great way to build speed and accuracy.

You may also be hitting a little rut in your progression with guitar. It happens to everyone. There are going to be times you feel like you want to throw in the towel but just stick with it.

scales? whats that?
I dunno dude you could do pushups on the guitar but i dont know how ur gunna exercise in the guitar
You can always make something better, you are never at the top. Find the spots in the songs and drills you can play that aren't perfect and fix them. Perfection is unattainable, that's why it's fun to try and get there.

However I do realize this can become boring, so in which case you just need to find other songs and drills in your technique and skill area.
what are spyders btw?
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion