Here's an interesting project...

For those of you who don't know what a "guitarra Portuguesa" (Portuguese guitar) is, check this link.
It looks like this.

The musician Miguel Filipe, from the band "Novembro" (which means "November" in portuguese), had an awesome idea. Why not create an electric Portuguese guitar?

So, a while back (in 2008, i think...), he created what he named the "Novembro P1":

It is described as "having Telecaster properties", and you can hear it in action here and here.

Now, in 2010, he took it a step further, and created the "Novembro P2":

Two humbuckers and a tremolo arm...? This one is pretty damn interesting.
I get the feeling that this one would be awesome to play folk metal.
I think it's a beautiful guitar, and that somehow the modern design still captures the traditional look of the Portuguese guitar.
I'd really like to hear how it sounds, but unfortunately there aren't any sound clips or videos yet.

So, what are your thoughts on these guitars?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Seems interesting to me, since i'm portuguese and I have already played one portuguese guitar, really wanna try the two of them!
This is a great idea.
Tugas for the win...

Seriously... I can't ear the sound samples in my work PC, but I'm really curious about it.

Definetly going to check that out.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Guitarras portuguesas em expansão!
I think it's a great Ideia, it's a very special instrument for some very especial type of music, which should be expanded overseas
The first one looks like something Jimmy Page would like, it would be great to hear him play some of his folk-ish tunes on that. The second, metal one with two humbuckers, actually looks like a "regular 12-string guitar went metal" type of thing, I don't like it that much. The tuners on the first one look wicked, so weird and exotic.
The first one looks beautiful, the 2nd one looks more production-friendly. I assume the first one's got an under the saddle piezo transducer.
Quote by Tinderwet
The first one looks beautiful, the 2nd one looks more production-friendly. I assume the first one's got an under the saddle piezo transducer.

I don't know, but i'm trying to find specs about both the P1 and the P2.
I don't think they're ever going to be available to the general public, unfortunately...

I'll probably contact the guy to find out about the specs, and ask him how much he would charge to make one for me.
It would be a pretty interesting guitar to have around, and especially to use live (since they seem to be quite lightweight).
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112