Hello

I would like to get some friendly advice on getting new amp/pedal

My budget would be around £200-£350
I play a lot of classic heavy metal, blues and some thrash metal, ''saxon,diamondhead,samson,grim reaper,venom,slayer,megadeth, etc''

Right now own a vox VT30 amp and i also own a jackson KVX10 and and an epiphone les paul special 2. i also own a marshall jackhammer, digitech death metal and a morley classic wah pedal(s)

im looking for something thats good for bedroom practice or maybe something that could be loud enough for small garage practice.

My choices would be a VOX VT100 and a Blackstar HT-5H head.
however i also am interested in buying a morpheus droptune pedal.

if you want any more details please feel free to ask me.

thanks
Last edited by iamgoat at Jun 15, 2010,
The VT100 won't be much better than your VT30.

If you want metal+loud+affordable, you want a Flextone:
http://www.gak.co.uk/en/line6-flextone-iii-xl-2x12-stereo-combo-amp/4010

Yeah, I know, it's 20 quid over budget, but you can pick them up under 300 used.

EDIT: You're aware that you'd need a speaker cab to run the HT5 head, right?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jun 15, 2010,
Definitely the Blackstar. DW about the pedal yet.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Quote by TheQuailman
The VT100 won't be much better than your VT30.

If you want metal+loud+affordable, you want a Flextone:
http://www.gak.co.uk/en/line6-flextone-iii-xl-2x12-stereo-combo-amp/4010

Yeah, I know, it's 20 quid over budget, but you can pick them up under 300 used.

EDIT: You're aware that you'd need a speaker cab to run the HT5 head, right?

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes i am aware that i need a cabinet lol, however i might wait quite a while for the cabinet to arrive coz its out of stock in the local guitar store here.

btw can you kindly check on the link that you provided? i cant acces it =/ i mean the flextone one.

thanks
Last edited by iamgoat at Jun 15, 2010,
the big problem with going with that morpheus pedal is that it instantly halves your budget. you have two guitars. can you not set up one for one tuning and the other for another?

I haven't tried the morpheus, I'm just thinking that unless you change tunings a lot, it's a lot of money considering your budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the big problem with going with that morpheus pedal is that it instantly halves your budget. you have two guitars. can you not set up one for one tuning and the other for another?

I haven't tried the morpheus, I'm just thinking that unless you change tunings a lot, it's a lot of money considering your budget.

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes i am aware that the morpheus pedal is actualy quite expensive,. my les paul is tuned half step and my jackson kvx10 is tuned in standard e, i just find it quite bothering to downtune the jackson coz it has tremolos on, so its quite time consuming to downtune it, in most cases i play in standard e, but like i said most modern metal songs that i play are tuned lower than standard and i really like to play metal on my jackson rather than the les paul.
personally i really think the morpheus pedal is actualy quite useful especially in my case, i just think that it is quite expensive though. i could buy myself the new epiphone les paul special 2 gt/explorer gt for the price of that pedal. those 2 guitars are actually on my list of my ''to buy'' list.
The Morpheus Droptune sounds terrible. If you're going to spend that much money on a pitch shifter you might as well go for a Digitech Whammy or something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i'm not sure buying a couple of cheapo guitars is a great idea either.

I sympathise with the tuning predicament, and it does depend on how much you retune etc., but personally I'd rather have nice gear first. Up to you, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wait on the pedal. You're budget is already on the low end.

Keep an eye out for a peavey triumph or ultra combo. I don't know how easy they are to find in Britain, but either is a fantastic cheap option for metal. All tube, way loud, great tone.

The VT is meh, and an ht won't really do thrash without a boost.