Thanks to matt, I have the templates for an ESP-F, but I am going to change a few things if I get my idea built:
- I like it THICK. Les Paul thick, if not thicker. At the moment I am considering how thick the lumber I can get is, but about 3 or 4 inches, solid. I like the weight.
- Queensland based woods - Queensland Maple, Iron Bark, etc, etc. Win - heavy as hell, good tone
- Thinking about making my own bridge out of a graphite rod and shaping it on a lathe then cutting the slots in. Will probably end up just having a tonepros though
- The string through design will be a bit different - I will have a contoured section of the body rise up so the strings don't have to bend as much when strung through - will look cool and be hella comfy
- Strangely carved top - all sorts of radii and angles
- 3 pole switching for both pickups, kill switches, phase switch, individual volume and tone controls, ala-les paul.
What do you all think?
I think if you actually pull it off it will be nice. BUt I've seen a lot of these sorts of projects just put aside and never come to fruition.
Make sure you keep with it, i wanna see this.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Sounds... Heavy. I'm not quite sure when you say "Strangely Carved Top" and a 3-pole switching. Also, Color? Scale Length? Frets?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Sounds like fun if you can pull it off!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
3-4 inches thick? Sounds stupid imo. 2" is plenty thick enough for a body. inb4 that's what she said.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Thank me for that template too. I'm the one that requested it!
I like a thick body too, but even I think 3" is too much. 2.5" would be plenty and even that's overkill in my opinion.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___