Hey, i'll try and make this short. After a show i took my amp back to a friends house to jam a bit. It played fine the whole show and i had it turned off for a few hours before turning it back on at my friends.

As soon as i turned it on there was a bad burning smell, and a little bit of smoke coming through the top of the head. I turned it off right away. I let it sit for a bit and tried turning it back on, which was probably a bad idea considering it was previously smoking. So now theres no lights indicating that the amp is working, no sound, etc..

This amp is old, about 7 years, i bought it used and was working fine untill now. Its a solid state with one preamp tube, I've already taken it into my local music store and they can't figure out whats wrong with it. I'm going to take it into a local amp tech sometime this week,

I'm just wondering if any of you guys may know what could have went wrong.

Thanks.
You probably blew several components.

I'd take this as an opportunity to invest in a new amp, the AVT series isn't very good.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You probably blew several components.

I'd take this as an opportunity to invest in a new amp, the AVT series isn't very good.

+1

If you can find a tech thats willing to diagnose everything that is wrong with it...chances are you're not going to want to pay what its going to cost to fix it...if he's willing to even bother with it I don't mind the AVT series...I still use mine as a backup. But when something internal goes wrong with a SS amp...it's usually expensive to replace and in most cases, not worth it.
chances are you fried a number of components that are not off the shelf available and would require a complete motherboard replacement.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Yeah, my local store said it would cost 300 to just ship over to, which is obvs not worth it. My friend is giving my a good deal on a Carvin V3, so i'm probably going to be getting it which is a huge upgrade from the AVT.