Page 1 of 2
What do you guys think of the new band shirts bands are coming out with? The ones that have the print all over the shirt, like these:
all over print

do you think they’re too flashy? Do you prefer the older, simpler designs? Personally I think they’re really cool and they look nice, but I’ve also heard other people say they’re too busy. What do you guys think? Would you wear it?
not cool

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Lame
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
If the shirt isn't attractive in the first place I wouldn't buy it. And those look seriously ugly to me. So nah I wouldn't buy it. Seems like a costume instead of a tshirt.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I have an all-over Maiden t-shirt and it looks pretty cool, but some look hideous, I prefer traditional ones!
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
i don't mind either style tbh
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
not liking that
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Band Ts are band Ts. I think it is pointless to spend 25 bucks on a shitty shirt with a lil print on it. Atleast these ones have a lil more to show.
I like simpler ones for older bands, but for new bands whatever, if it's a good shirt I want.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Just looks like a crappy, homemade, tie dye shirt with band names crudely pasted all over. They looks dildos.
He who knows all, knows nothing in the eye of a imbecile.
I just want a damn band shirt, I don't want all this homo-looking allover print or crazy wild designs. Just give me something cool looking to support my band.
I think they look a bit childish, I prefer the vintage look
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i gotta say i prefer the plainer old ones, but that ...and justice for all shirt looks ****in awesome
I'm not too keen on band shirts anyway, they look cool when you're like 12, but other than that, they just look a bit silly to me. No matter if they're the all over ones like that or just a little print in the middle.

Apart from my old Guns N Roses one. That's pretty cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
well it's the way band shirt are going. even guns 'n roses hasa band shirt with all over print like that.

i don't mind an all over print as long as i like the design. somethimes a small print seems lame. and most all over prints are based album covers like the judas priest one in the link.
I'm all that is left. Or maybe I'm all there ever was.
Quote by AlienMetalhead
Just looks like a crappy, homemade, tie dye shirt with band names crudely pasted all over. They looks dildos.

the number of the beast on is ok, but the rest are meh.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I think those bands suck c*ck, but I'd like to see an all over print of a good group.

0.o

you be trollin
edit: if you looked around their site, they have a lot of shirts, other than the ones pictured in the link.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at Jun 15, 2010,
Are you sure they haven't just tattooed them onto him, they seem to run down his arms.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
there are better things to spend that $24 on...
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
Quote by mattocaster99
Those all remind me of the 3 wolf moon shirt.

and not in the awesome way
Quote by rushpython
0.o

you be trollin

I'm not trolling, you're just using that as an excuse to rationalise your love of BFMV.

Who simply aren't all that talented.
I personally don't like allovers, for several reasons:

A) As you mentioned, too extravagant for my taste.

B) They sometimes get destroyed by the washing machine.

C) I'm scared that the print will rub off on something (a chair) if I'm sweaty or wet.

D) They cost a small fortune.
Quote by Seaweed2626
there are better things to spend that $24 on...

this.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Eh I don't like them, mostly because they look too busy and they almost never look good on anyone. The ones you posted, when people wear them where I'm from, it makes them look like they are wearing the shirt just to look like they like music and bands, or seem hardcore and brutalz. That's just what I think of when I see them, people trying to hard to look cool. But I've seen all overs of classic bands like Led Zeppelin, and still, I don't like them. They're not as busy and silly looking as the ones in your link, but I still prefer a shirt with a small/medium logo on the front, top center with the band name maybe.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
I used to like flambount designs, but now I just prefer simple. Which is why Iron Maiden, Megadeth and a few other tshirts having been sitting gathering dust in my wardrobe.
Clever advertisement is clever?

I think they look cool but I wouldn't wear them.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Vile.

Before I stopped really wearing band shirts I chose more and more minimal designs. I think the logos of bands like Agalloch look very pretty and I still wouldn't mind wearing their shirts - as long as it's fitted properly. But I grew to hate the big, violent artwork t-shirts, let alone the all over prints.

That said, aside from simplicity, it's also a matter of fit, band shirts tend to be just block-like in shape.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I like the all over prints as long as they're not filled with 10 different collers. A black shirt with a dark grey all over print is fine by me.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
i prefer just the band logo or something small not shirt designs that look like something a douche would wear
personally, i like the simpler ones that are more grey toned, like the COB one or the Metallica one... the Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark one reminds me of Ed Hardy though... hahaha
Page 1 of 2