*Serious Inquiries Only*

I'm looking to start a Christian metal band here in Long Island, New York. I'm looking for experienced and talented musicians who are willing to put 100% into studio album recording and touring, and above all, to honor God through this. I've been playing guitar for 8 years so I'm looking for musicians who are above average.

I'm currently seeking:
-another guitarist (lead or rhythm)
-drummer (who knows how to work the double bass)
-bass player (someone who understands breakdowns well)
-and a lead vocalist(singing or scream/growls)

To all the singers, it is necessary that you understand the basic concepts of theory and harmony. I also prefer someone with a high register who can hit those high notes and maintain a clean voice at the same time.

Please folks, no synthesizers/keyboards. We can figure out how it'll work with recording in the studio and live shows.

I'm 20, so I'm looking for musicians in the 21-25 age group range. No young teens.

Also, I think the most important part right now is finding another guitarist to start the riff making process. I have 2-3 complete songs already in the works. So to all guitarists, bring your ideas to the table.

Some of my main influences are: Shadows Fall, Between the Buried and Me, Alter Bridge, Demon Hunter, August Burns Red etc.

This doesn't have to be the typical metalcore sound. We can combine our own musical elements together to create our own sound in metal. As a musician, I respect whatever your tastes in the metal genre are. If Myles Kennedy and Mark Tremonti can combine blues and speed metal together to create extraordinary music in Alter Bridge, then its not impossible if we put our minds to it.

I'm also looking for musicians who own quality instruments/gear. We can't be using Fender Squier Strats and 15 watt amps if we're going to be putting all our effort into studio recording and touring. Please folks, some nice gear would be greatly appreciated.

My gear:
1994 Paul Reed Smith Standard 24
2002 Paul Reed Smith Tremonti SE
Taylor 214ce acoustic
Ibanez Artwood series acoustic
Marshall MG series 100HDFX head
Marshall 4x12 slant cabinet

I'm not looking for YouTube performers/musicians looking to gain attention on the internet. I'm looking for traditional and humble musicians who love to play music, wanting to give it their all and go the extra mile with studio recording and touring, and who love God and are continually seeking Him.

I don't know how you take your faith as a Christian, but I for one even in my weakest moments, hold onto God. I truly believe with all my heart that Jesus Christ died for the ENTIRE world so we wouldn't have to be slaves to sin. Even though I continue to fall short of God's glory, he is always there to forgive me of my sins and pick me up to draw me closer to Him so I could know Him more each and every single day. God is love, and that is His greatest commandment: Love the Lord your God and love your neighbor as you would yourself. This is to reach out to today's generation of lost souls and broken hearts, who need God's healing touch and presence through Jesus Christ.

The name is Allen. For further information, you can contact me at ajacob19@gmail.com if you're really serious about this. Thanks for reading. God Bless.
Last edited by TheBrownTrooper at Jun 21, 2010,
Really? why anybody should put all their effort to "honor God", music is made for the sake of music, not for imaginary friends...
Quote by crohno
Really? why anybody should put all their effort to "honor God", music is made for the sake of music, not for imaginary friends...

Cannot even say how much is wrong with this post.

OT:

If was online, TS. Too bad.

Good luck though.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Quote by user_nameless
Cannot even say how much is wrong with this post.

OT:

If was online, TS. Too bad.

Good luck though.

Thanks man. Bumping this thread again.
Quote by crohno

The minute i saw the thread title i knew someone was going to make a stupid religious comment. Im an Atheist and willing to say STOP BEING A DOUCHE
Saying "music is made for the sake of music," is something Britney Spears would say, or some other musician whose music has no content or substance. Everyone should make music to share their views and try to change their world- some people sing about politics, some people sing about love, some people sing about God. Music should be about something the musician is passionate about, otherwise it's just noise.

Anyway, I'd really be interested in joining your band. I'm a 26 year-old punk chick who sings and plays guitar. I'm not into metal too much, I'm more into punk, but maybe we can make it work? Some of my influences are The Clash, The Ramones, and Iggy Pop. I don't have very good equipment, but I have a lot of energy and passion and really do want to glorify God through music. Let me know if you'd be interested in trying to get something going, I don't know if my style/level of experience/quality of equipment matches what you're seeking at all, though.
Quote by HeartSick
Saying "music is made for the sake of music," is something Britney Spears would say, or some other musician whose music has no content or substance. Everyone should make music to share their views and try to change their world- some people sing about politics, some people sing about love, some people sing about God. Music should be about something the musician is passionate about, otherwise it's just noise.

Anyway, I'd really be interested in joining your band. I'm a 26 year-old punk chick who sings and plays guitar. I'm not into metal too much, I'm more into punk, but maybe we can make it work? Some of my influences are The Clash, The Ramones, and Iggy Pop. I don't have very good equipment, but I have a lot of energy and passion and really do want to glorify God through music. Let me know if you'd be interested in trying to get something going, I don't know if my style/level of experience/quality of equipment matches what you're seeking at all, though.

PM sent. Bumping again.