My brother has a Boss ME-50B pedalboard that he loves, and it fits your budget...
He uses lots of different distortions and modulation effects on our progressive post-metal band, and it suits him perfectly.

Here's the link: http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/ME-50B/index.html
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
What bass and amp do you have?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

yeah it would be better to save up for a great bass amp rather than spending the money on pedals.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
Quote by blubolt09
I have an Acoustic B20 bass amp. It's not the best in the world, but I'm waiting till we're ready to play live for more than a good practice amp. So, for now, I think a good pedal would be good to suit it.

not IMO, but it's your thread, so you're the boss.

A small zoom multieffects would suit you quite well. Every kind of effect and they all sound ok. Not good, not bad, but simply 'ok'.

Or you could do what I'm doing and save up for a pedal tuner and a volume pedal. Neither of which aver very exciting, but they are both amazingly valuable when playing live.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jun 15, 2010,
If I was you I would get a new amp instead, maybe a secondhand Peavey or Ashdown?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Put it towards a good amp. Especially if you don't even have a specific effect in mind.
My opinion on pedals, is that don't buy one and then find a use for it. Given your amp, I agree with your decision to put it towards an amp, which in the long run, will do more for your overall sound.

I am not a fan of multi-effects as primary pedals--the effects and modeling tend to never be near what an actual standalone pedal would be. I owned a BP200 and after about 6 months it pretty much stayed in the box. I recently sold mine with very little regrets.