Hey guys, indecisive guitarist here. I'm kinda sorta planning on getting either a Ibanez RG1570 or RG1550 for their great necks, but I want to put a tremolo-no to get versatility in tuning and probably throwing in some Bareknuckle pickups for some power.
I play mostly metal but some Coheed and Cambria, maybe a pinch of jazz, would this be a good plan? Or should I just get some different guitar. Budget can go up to $1500.

P.S.:I'm lefty.
The Bareknuckle will work for Coheed, but you'll have to swap out the neck pickup for something more jazz-oriented.

Honestly, I'd suggest something like a Les Paul, but that's practically the opposite side of the neck spectrum. Is the neck the -only- thing about the Ibanez you want?
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
i'm a huge fan of RG's. i definitely think they can do anything, and especially with a tremel-no. the HSH along with a 5 way switch gives these guitars a world of possibilities. you could even throw a coil tap in for the humbuckers when in the 1 or 5 switch position. never had experience with BKP (too expensive over here in the US for me) but the possibilities in pickups for basswood bodies is pretty good too.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Pink Muse
The Bareknuckle will work for Coheed, but you'll have to swap out the neck pickup for something more jazz-oriented.

Honestly, I'd suggest something like a Les Paul, but that's practically the opposite side of the neck spectrum. Is the neck the -only- thing about the Ibanez you want?

Thanks for replying guys, uhhh you have any suggestions as far as neck pickups go? And yeah, the neck, and nice craftsmanship is pretty much it, I'm pretty much swapping everything else out.
The RG would do all those as mostly the RG is a jack-of-all-trades guitar but it doesn't excel in Jazz but also certainly not a slouch in that department either.

Personally, my RG560 does it ok for my ears.

Have you tried both? *RG1550/1570* If not, I'd suggest trying it first extensively and see if you like how it does Jazz.
I would go with it. Put a Warpig in the bridge and maybe an Abraxas in the neck.
If you want the warmth of a Les Paul, you might find a 60's neck to your liking. Not quite a Wizard but way slimmer that most LP necks.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

according to the USA catalogue only the 1550 is a lefty, which rules out the 1570...unless it`s a 2009 model.
Quote by SharkSandwich
jackson soloist

Jackson Soloists are 2000 dollars minimum?
Those Ibanez S guitars look badass, but left handed versions don't exist. And I do love BTBAM......