Anybody know bands that infuse the brutality of death metal with folk/celtic melodies?Something that is heavier than bands like Suidakra and Equilibrium. Kind of like the idea with Nile and Egyptian melodies.
I've listened to both Ensiferum and and Eluviete a lot, but I looking for like a lot heavier like Morbid Angel, Amon Amarth, or even Decapitated levels
Sorry, sorta new, but I also have like or 3 albums by Unleashed and it really doesn't grab my attention, what songs specifically?
Hmm, do be honest I don't know of any bands that combine death metal with celtic myths like you're asking, or maybe I just can't remember any, try the rec thread at the top.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by jerkyboys92\m/
Anybody know bands that infuse the brutality of death metal with folk/celtic melodies?Something that is heavier than bands like Suidakra and Equilibrium. Kind of like the idea with Nile and Egyptian melodies.

Hmm, not death metal but Absu. Some killer thrash/black metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXBFHROK3Xo&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9a4G4BuO0&fmt=18

EDIT: Eh, not really what you are looking for. They have a Celtic theme lyrically, but not too many moments of Celtic melodies. And they aren't death metal. But still... great band .
Last edited by Born Headless at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Conservationist
Samain, Primordial

When i saw the title of this thread I immediatly thought Primordial, good band...I suppose they arent incredibly brutal though? they have a bit more black metal influence than brutal death
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Try Bran Barr (especially latest release) and Aes Dana. Neither of them are particularly brutal, but it's celtic folk (tin whistles etc in both bands) fused with death/melodeath/black metal. Also, Heol Telwen is absolutely amazing Celtic folk/black metal.
Quote by Clownmite
Try Bran Barr (especially latest release) and Aes Dana. Neither of them are particularly brutal, but it's celtic folk (tin whistles etc in both bands) fused with death/melodeath/black metal. Also, Heol Telwen is absolutely amazing Celtic folk/black metal.

Oddly I was just going to post those exact same bands when I clicked on the thread. lol
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
When i saw the title of this thread I immediatly thought Primordial, good band...I suppose they arent incredibly brutal though? they have a bit more black metal influence than brutal death

Yes; I'm not sure Celtic stuff has been merged as much with death metal as black, mainly because in black metal, ethnonationalism's always on the menu.