So after selling my Jackson Stars RR I waited a while & finally decided I wanted a new ESP.
I found one on Ebay that I rather liked & haggled with the seller for a while.
I ended up getting a deal outside of ebay to make it cheaper for me.
This is a few days late (got it Friday) but this is what arrived in the post.

"Only a gibson is good enough" Is it really?! I disagree.

Open it up to find a nice ESP hardcase.. Now THATS more like it
What is inside this hardcase though? Small so it could be a Viper, Eclipse, Horizon or an M..

Hmm, 22 frets, Emgs, Single cut?

Thats right its an Eclipse

Look at the quilted maple top though freaking gorgeous, I've never owned a guitar with such an amazing top.
That might be because they have all been white/black never a see through kinda finish

As for a review/thoughts?
Well first thoughts were, "Wow that finish is amazing" then I realised how light it was (god send due to not long ago smashing my collarbone)
I started to play it & well I've been playing it all weekend (trying to record videos but I always screw up when recording)
I just end up wanting to play it more & more.
Its got a rather thin neck like you would expect from an ESP but its not ridiculously thin like Ibby's. Its like an Explorer kinda feel.
I've had to change the strings & the pickup though, Its still an 81/60 but it will change to an 85/60.
Stupid mistake, first time I've had Sperzel Locking tuners so I had a play & the strings were cut so short that I couldnt get them back in..
I've got a Custom made Edwards Les Paul Custom which was bassically built to be just like a Gibson Les Paul custom & to be honest I do prefer that but I have been playing it nonstop for a couple of years (its my baby) but the Esp does feel/sound really nice, its a nice change from my baseball bat heavy Edwards Les Paul
Its tuned to Drop C & I dont know that much in Drop C other than stuff I write but I'll get some videos up for you guys!
Only problem I've found is that after playing guitars with Bareknuckle Pickups (nailbombs) going to a guitar with EMGs may have tonnes of output though which is good for Drop C metal but they aren't that tight or defined when playing. I may end up changing the pickups soon. Depends if Nailbombs sound good in Drop C

Killswitch Engage - End of Heartache cover
Nickelback - Never Again cover
EX-Guitar Player...
Last edited by Taikisan at Jun 15, 2010,
Nice guitar man I myself am a recent ESP purchaser, I have the LTD 350-nt, which is 24 fretts, EMG's 81-85. mahogany body which too is suprisingly light but its because of the neck which goes all the way to the base ( set through I think). But man I wish I had an amp as good as yours my guitar is not at its full potential through a line6 spider 3 lol
Quote by User_Name336
i have an EC-1000 in emerald green with just as much quilt in the top. that one is gorgeous too though! love the colour on it

HNGD!!

I kinda wanted the EC1000 in the Blue colour that looked rather nice but I wanted an ESP & they dont do the ESP version in Blue only the EC1000

Quote by axe_man
Nice guitar man I myself am a recent ESP purchaser, I have the LTD 350-nt, which is 24 fretts, EMG's 81-85. mahogany body which too is suprisingly light but its because of the neck which goes all the way to the base ( set through I think). But man I wish I had an amp as good as yours my guitar is not at its full potential through a line6 spider 3 lol

Ahh, a line 6 spider, You can pretty much make any guitar sound the same through those. I used one for practice with my old band (lugging my Triamp was hell)
I think my Eclipse is light because it has such a thinner body compared to my Edwards plus the maple top is lighter than Mahogany.
EX-Guitar Player...
nice guitar!!! I like it.

You wouldn't buy chance still have any pics of your jackson Stars??? I love those things!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
You wouldn't buy chance still have any pics of your jackson Stars??? I love those things!

Errm, I have a video of it? ;] Jackson Stars RR
Yeah I covered Skillet, Christian rock back but some of the riffs are pretty awesome.
Damn, watching that makes me want my RR back.. Damn you lol
EX-Guitar Player...
That RR was a sexy guitar man....I don't know how you parted ways with it.

Either way the new ESP is sick!!! That top on it is B-E-A-F**KING-U-TIFUL!!
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Sick! That top is epic!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
This is the 2nd ESP I've had, Used to have a KH2 back in the day.
Nickelback cover up now, What other bands use Drop C/Standard D?
I know Sad but true is D & BFMV play Drop C (cant say I'm a fan though)
EX-Guitar Player...
Do you have a noise suppressor in your fx loop or something? I have the mkI, and my 3B channel is pretty noisy. Sounds great though dude, confrabs.
Quote by rokket2005
Do you have a noise suppressor in your fx loop or something? I have the mkI, and my 3B channel is pretty noisy. Sounds great though dude, confrabs.

Just the Guitar - Amp - Cab. I dont use any pedals at all. I've never really needed any, The Triamp is just amazing! xD
EX-Guitar Player...
Damn that finish is beautiful. I'm seriously considering an ESP Eclipse
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Damn that finish is beautiful. I'm seriously considering an ESP Eclipse

Do it!! If I hadnt gotten so used to my baseball of a Les Paul this would be perfect but I'm just to used to a big fat neck, Well maybe some Nailbombs too
EX-Guitar Player...
Children of Bodom play Drop C and D standard.......

Thrice also plays in drop C
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Try and learn some As I lay Dying songs off the album Shadowns Are Security. Confined is a pretty easy song.

Or if you're feeling really brave learn some August Burns Red
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Taikisan
I kinda wanted the EC1000 in the Blue colour that looked rather nice but I wanted an ESP & they dont do the ESP version in Blue only the EC1000

yeah, the blue is a gorgeous colour too! i was debating between green, blue, and purple when i bought my EC-1000. but the moment i saw the green, i was in love

its a shame the ESP versions (and LTD now too) come in such few colours. btw, do you think the price difference was worth it? between the ESP and LTD?
very nice colour/flame, and guitar

When the page first opened I thought it was a Bareknuckles box
Quote by User_Name336
btw, do you think the price difference was worth it? between the ESP and LTD?

In all honestly the ESP feels/plays a bit nicer. There is only about £200 between them, but I've tried both & compared the the ESP the 1000 did feel a little bit cheap compared to it & it just didnt feel as smooth. Just try them both out at a shop near you, You'll see what I mean. The 1000 is great (I almost got one, a few times) but you will feel the difference if you get the ESP. I'm guessing you would hear more of a difference between the SD version, EMGs tend to mask the tone of the guitars woods etc.
EX-Guitar Player...