Men
93 53%
Women
44 25%
I don't know.
40 23%
Voters: 177.
Page 1 of 4
Reading an article on mothers being very competitive, always trying to have the nicest party, best house, achieving kids and the behaviour being excused as "by nature women are generally more competitive than men and judge themselves against other women. " I left myself wondering: is this really true?

I know women compete alot against eachother but it's not like that's exclusive to the female gender. Guys compete alot as well, but over other things.

So, which is - overall - the most competitive gender? Try to keep it mature.

Oh and if not possible to determine overall, what areas then? Like men compete more at work and women more over gardening.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jun 15, 2010,
Well, I think generally, in sports, males are more competitive.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Judging from the people that I know, it's male. Females aren't very competitive where I live
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Sexually, men. Shattamaker and I are constantly comparing penis sizes. In everything else, women.
The playground of the world
Quote by Echohead
There is no answer to this question.

Of course there is. We may not reach it here, though, but it should provide an interesting discussion.
I think males. In working environments, men are often trying to get to the top.

Yeah there's sexism and "the glass ceiling" stopping women from progressing in their careers but there's also some people who just aren't as competitive as men are in work.

Also, trophy wives, flash cars, new gadgets, the nicest house, male enhancement drugs, competitive sports, there's loads of ways men compete with each other
Quote by Kensai

I know women compete alot against eachother but it's not like that's exclusive to the female gender. Guys compete alot as well, but over other things.

Well, answered your question yourself there, eh?

I know you're looking for a different answer, but that's pretty much the best one you'll get.
Quote by Kensai
Of course there is. We may not reach it here, though, but it should provide an interesting discussion.

Oh for sure, let's go for it. Men are selfish pigs etc.
Men are more competitive because women can barely compete anyways. Unless it's a challenge to see who can clean the kitchen more quickly/efficiently.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
It depends what in really. I think I'm the only guy in my school who's somewhat academically competitive, yet that's probably due to the lack of any other talent

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Not to be a Nazi, but since there are only two genders (hermaphrodites are considered to be one gender or the other, not their own), you mean "Which gender is the MORE competitive."

Thank you.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I think males. In working environments, men are often trying to get to the top.

Yeah there's sexism and "the glass ceiling" stopping women from progressing in their careers but there's also some people who just aren't as competitive as men are in work.

Also, trophy wives, flash cars, new gadgets, the nicest house, male enhancement drugs, competitive sports, there's loads of ways men compete with each other

I think it's just different areas and quantities of things to compete over. Women may not compete over the largest car or hottest trophy wife but may still be more competitive over fewer areas.

Now that I think about it, men probably compete over more things.

Quote by TheQuailman
Well, answered your question yourself there, eh?

I know you're looking for a different answer, but that's pretty much the best one you'll get.

I was hoping for more input but I may have to realize that people who spend their time in the pit have no experience of the opposite gender.

Quote by Echohead
Oh for sure, let's go for it. Men are selfish pigs etc.

Not much of a discussion guy are you?
Quote by Kensai
I think it's just different areas and quantities of things to compete over. Women may not compete over the largest car or hottest trophy wife but may still be more competitive over fewer areas.

Now that I think about it, men probably compete over more things.

So then what defines the most competitive? Competing equally amongst lots of things or being crazily competitive but over not so much stuff?

(by the way, thread related, my profileviews have really levelled off recently, I don't think I'll beat you any time soon )
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
So then what defines the most competitive? Competing equally amongst lots of things or being crazily competitive but over not so much stuff?

Hm, I guess I should define that. I think being crazy competitive is more competitive than being compeitive over alot of things. To clarifiy:

Amount of competitive > number of things competing for.

You could have alot of things you dont really care about but still sort of 'compete' with but I think that falls second to someone who is *very* competitive over just a few things.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
(by the way, thread related, my profileviews have really levelled off recently, I don't think I'll beat you any time soon )

Post more and sexier.
Women are competitive in everyday life. Who looks better, who has more make-up on, who has more guys.

Guys just compete in actual competitions and live the rest of their life normally. Women always want to prove men wrong, be better than them.

Why do you think they pushed so hard for women's rights?
i would say men are more competitive at obvious or competitions already created. Like sports or jobs those competitions are obvious and established. Woman make up their own competitions more and compete on things not as established i think.
It seems that men are more competitive about things that can actually be won,(anything with a score, or numbers relating who is the "best") and women are competitive about other things that cant really be decided as easily.

So on topic: It depends on what were competing in/about.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Hermaphrodites. Think about it, they have to fit both ends of the gender-competitive spectrum.

On topic, girls tend to be much more competitive socially. Guys are too, because many base value on athletic ability and machismo, but when it comes to girls, they are vicious when it comes to the get-ahead-by-any-means pursuit of social status.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Quote by Kensai

I was hoping for more input but I may have to realize that people who spend their time in the pit have no experience of the opposite gender.

If there was a veiled attack on me in there, know this: I haven't gotten laid in two years and just so you know: it's detrimentel to my soundness of mind.

Yeah, my posts aren't going to be any better than this. Ignore me. :/

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Moreso, how are you going to measure how competetive someone is.

I'm proposing a different method: How much time do people spend obsessing over and working towards being better at something than others?
Men are competitive in things that are actual competitions (games, career, etc.). Women are competitive in things that aren't competitions (who has the best boyfriend/kid, who is the best looking, etc.).
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Kensai

Not much of a discussion guy are you?

More of a social realist. What the hell do you want me to say?
Quote by whatadrag

Why do you think they pushed so hard for women's rights?

Erm....

Maybe blacks are the most competitive then, why did they push so hard to not be sold as slaves?

Anyway this guy's stupid comment aside I still think men, because of sports. I can't think of any time people are more competitive.
Quote by TheQuailman
If there was a veiled attack on me in there, know this: I haven't gotten laid in two years and just so you know: it's detrimentel to my soundness of mind.

Yeah, my posts aren't going to be any better than this. Ignore me. :/

Nah it wasn't

Quote by Echohead
More of a social realist. What the hell do you want me to say?

"Why kjell you chiseled greek god, I believe men may be more competitive, and none can compete with you".
Quote by Kensai
Nah it wasn't

"Why kjell you chiseled greek god, I believe men may be more competitive, and none can compete with you".

If I was a girl, I'd be a borderline feminist.

btw if you were quoting something there, I didn't get it, at all.
Quote by Echohead
If I was a girl, I'd be a borderline feminist.

btw if you were quoting something there, I didn't get it, at all.

If you were a girl you'd half enjoy being repressed and half want equality?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you were a girl you'd half enjoy being repressed and half want equality?

Kind of applies to most human beings, regardless of gender.
Quote by Echohead
Kind of applies to most human beings, regardless of gender.

I'm not sure I understand how.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

It's all good, I mean I don't think it actually matters. I mean, I was bombarded with a statement, and although said statement was completely wrong, if I was a girl I would defend myself and my gender to the bitter end, which is what I think all sexes do. Like I said, there is no answer to this question.
^Now I'm confused.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

It's probably a sex-thing.

(sex not meaning gender here, but the sweaty, slightly sticky thing people like to do in their free time.)
I feel that women are more judgement-oriented. They want to have the cleanest house and best kids not so much that they are better than the other parents, but so they don't look bad.

But then again, what do I know about women

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by Kensai
mothers being very competitive, always trying to have the nicest party, achieving kids.

That's when you know its not about the kids.

ffs
MATTERHORN
Page 1 of 4