I just finished this up last night and thought I'd share. The title is just what my drummer and I use to label every song before giving it an actual name. This is a little bit softer (?) than my other songs, while still retaining the heaviness. I don't really know how to explain it. So, just listen. C4C.

P.S. I know the double octave power chords at 132 sound stupid in GP, but trust me, they sound good on an actual guitar.
Attachments:
Beatz9.zip
Quote by alexgepgepgep
I just finished this up last night and thought I'd share. The title is just what my drummer and I use to label every song before giving it an actual name. This is a little bit softer (?) than my other songs, while still retaining the heaviness. I don't really know how to explain it. So, just listen. C4C.

P.S. I know the double octave power chords at 132 sound stupid in GP, but trust me, they sound good on an actual guitar.

Your GP5 file is corrupt.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
DAT BAR 20.

I would get rid of the breakdown at 132-149 though, mostly because it kind of take the song's strength down. It doesn't completely ruin it, but it certainly doesn't help.

Overall great song, I would listen to it over and over.
My name is Jagayama. I spin for a living.
It sounds pretty good to me. What key were you writing in/ what scales were you using?
Gingers Unite
Quote by Nitrate
It sounds pretty good to me. What key were you writing in/ what scales were you using?

For the most part, he's just in a minor key, but he does harmonic minor and diminished runs throughout the whole thing. Knowing a bunch of scales doesn't mean you're a good guitar player or songwriter though...

TS, that was freaking awesome. I loved it, like there's nothing I can say. I'd call this tech meta/deathlcore or progressive metal/deathcore. It's very good. Very, very good. 10/10 Plus, your username owns.
Quote by aCloudConnected
For the most part, he's just in a minor key, but he does harmonic minor and diminished runs throughout the whole thing. Knowing a bunch of scales doesn't mean you're a good guitar player or songwriter though...

TS, that was freaking awesome. I loved it, like there's nothing I can say. I'd call this tech meta/deathlcore or progressive metal/deathcore. It's very good. Very, very good. 10/10 Plus, your username owns.

I wasn't saying he was super amazing or any of that shit. I just wanted to comment thatit sounded somewhat generic and like btbam rip
Gingers Unite
Quote by Nitrate
I wasn't saying he was super amazing or any of that shit. I just wanted to comment thatit sounded somewhat generic and like btbam rip

What?
Thanks for the positive responses everyone. BTBAM was nowhere near my mind when I wrote this. If anything it's a Veil of Maya rip. Haha.
Quote by alexgepgepgep
Thanks for the positive responses everyone. BTBAM was nowhere near my mind when I wrote this. If anything it's a Veil of Maya rip. Haha.

I think it's getting pretty damn rough to be original anymore. I find myself writing parts similar to my influences all the time. I can hear the Veil of Maya now that you mention it. This is a sweet song, though.

I think the drums the drums through out are too erratic, since the crash cymbals are used in such quick succesion at such high speeds, it doesn't great to me. The guitar work is excellent though, it's really sweet. : D
i would love to do a cover of this. as soon as i'm done with codex. i do see some similarities between this and VoM though
i love it though dude.
Gear:

Peavey 5150
Crate 4x12
Jackson King V (for sale!)
Ibanez 7321
Digitech Hothead(for sale!)
Digitech Deathmetal(for sale!)