Page 1 of 2
Might as well.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Well, actually, if you used cluster bombs, it would literally melt the rock and close the leak. So, I don't get wtf we haven't done it already. Course, the way Obama's handled this, I'm surprised he even decided to do find out "Whose ass to kick".

I don't know why I don't like the idea that much..
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I hope this is more exciting than when we shot a rocket at the moon.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by guitartaber93
Does anyone else see faces in the smoke?

I see faces in the letters, is that bad?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
A bomb would just destroy the whole thing, releasing all the oil at once? I never knew you can blow shit up to fix it, next time my car brakes I'll slap some dynamite on it and hope for the best!
Yeah... no. I know blowing things up is fun but it doesn't always fix problems.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, actually, if you used cluster bombs, it would literally melt the rock and close the leak. So, I don't get wtf we haven't done it already. Course, the way Obama's handled this, I'm surprised he even decided to do find out "Whose ass to kick".

Yeah that's odd, being president he has oil leak sealing super powers.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sure to fix a leak, I always shove explosives down the hole and blow shit up.
Needless to say I think its risky and they probably shouldn't do it.
Quote by TheQuailman
Oil can like... burn, right?

This? How in the hell would bombing it NOT cause some apocalyptic disaster?
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
This is the bomb they are planning on using... (the one on the far left...)

I believe there's that rule? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Here's a video of said bomb doing it's thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQdeAeOEg4

The bomb's so big, it has to be dropped out the back of an AC130 Hercules cargo plane. The other thing leaving the plane is the sledge it was on
I'm pretty sure I heard that this situation has occurred multiple times already in Russia and they just use low yield nuclear blasts to seal them. Don't quote me on that though. And no, I don't think we should use explosives There has GOT to be a better way to do this. We went to the effing moon. BP I can see your belly.
We're only strays.
Quote by Eliyahu
This? How in the hell would bombing it NOT cause some apocalyptic disaster?

Combustion under water isn't something you see every day.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Hey the anger on obamas face, that this would fail, would be worse than beckham on saturday at green's fail.

So yea go ahead, that'd be great.

Cause they probably know that, this won't work.
Why can't they fill up the hole with 'something'? They put a block on it last time or something? I dno, its pretty dumb. Its like when they blew up that whale on a beach.
well the idea of trying to blow a bomb up near a flammable liquid in order to stop it from leaking might work, since they use explosives to put out oil fires that are on land, or it could be like sticking a firecracker in a barrel of black powder, causing a massive explosion, sending the earth off its axis and throwing us into the sun
Now I'm curious as to how big this pipe is, exactly.

This is MOAB

U srs?
EDIT:
Quote by leleva
well the idea of trying to blow a bomb up near a flammable liquid in order to stop it from leaking might work, since they use explosives to put out oil fires that are on land, or it could be like sticking a firecracker in a barrel of black powder, causing a massive explosion, sending the earth off its axis and throwing us into the sun

They use explosives to put out oil fires because it starves the fire of oxygen. This is not on fire.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Declan87

oh God, that clown is terrifying
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Well... look at the bright side. At least there's no oil shortage.

<.<

>.>

We're all screwed.
Comic

SAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSS!!!!
Quote by Kensai
Yeah that's odd, being president he has oil leak sealing super powers.

Ok, instead of criticizing me, tell me what he's done that actually is working towards a solution. Just yesterday, Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, got so fed up with waiting on Obama to do more than speak on the topic of oil (as he's been doing from day 50 to now) that Jindal is having the Louisiana state government work on building booms to catch the oil, thereby protecting our coastline. What's Obama done?

He called for research on the oil booms, instead of building them. Yeah...good call, Mr. President.

Edit: I shouldn't say our coastline. I should say the Louisiana coastline. The rest of those states are still unprotected. I really hope they follow Jindal's example.

(Also, I could go into the Moratorium on Offshore Drilling, but doubt I need to, as I've proven my point.)
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 15, 2010,
so let me get this straight... atomic bomb against an oil leak?
this will be fun
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by CTFOD
oh God, that clown is coming from a cloud that came from a effing bomb which means clowns are effing evil.

MY point exactly.
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Now I'm curious as to how big this pipe is, exactly.

This is MOAB

U srs?
EDIT:

They use explosives to put out oil fires because it starves the fire of oxygen. This is not on fire.

yes i know that it isnt on fire,but why dont they just kink the pipe that its coming out of, how hard could it be to run a submarine into this pipe, just let some old person back into the pipe with a submarine, and problem solved
Last edited by leleva at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, instead of criticizing me, tell me what he's done that actually is working towards a solution.

Maybe you should look that up yourself?

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Just yesterday, Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, got so fed up with waiting on Obama to do more than speak on the topic of oil (as he's been doing from day 50 to now) that Jindal is having the Louisiana state government work on building booms to catch the oil, thereby protecting our coastline.

Bobby Jindal said that?

Republicans constantly criticize obama regardless of what he does. You might just as well tell me that water is wet. Good that lousiana is finally getting off their lazy arse instead of waiting for captain obama to conjur a solution?

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What's Obama done?

He called for research on the oil booms, instead of building them. Yeah...good call, Mr. President.

Normally you research things before you build them.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by :Vicious--
so let me get this straight... atomic bomb against an oil leak?
this will be fun

Not atomic, just fucking big.
EDIT:
Quote by leleva
yes i know that

So why is it relevant?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I'm pretty sure I heard that this situation has occurred multiple times already in Russia and they just use low yield nuclear blasts to seal them. Don't quote me on that though. And no, I don't think we should use explosives There has GOT to be a better way to do this. We went to the effing moon. BP I can see your belly.

The Soviets used specially developed nuclear bombs to close gas well leaks, and it worked something like five out of six times. The way things are going, I think this is definitely a viable option, but I doubt it would actually be considered unless every other option has been exhausted.
Bombing the gulf? Let's play Good Idea, Bad Idea.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
This seems like it will work.

Shove explosives in a hole and blow them up to make the hole smaller??? I honestly can't see any bomb having an "implosive" effect.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
I doubt this will work tbh. It sounds like a bad idea, maybe i'm wrong.

Slightly related:

I wonder why haliburton bought boots and coots, the oil cleanup company not long before the pipe burst and goldman sachs sold about 42% of BP stock just before this oil pipe burst. Must be some big coincidence, it's like they're just making money by a complete accident out of this i'm sure
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Not atomic, just fucking big.

30 feet long and 18,000lbs. In England, an average house is 30 feet high. That's a bloody big bomb.
Page 1 of 2