I'm going to get a guitar pretty soon, and I've narrowed it down to one of those two. The G400 is cheaper, which is always good, and I have some humbuckers I got in a trade that I could put in it. However, I'm wondering which you guys would recommend? Is the tele a good bit better than the G400 ? I play indie, blues rock, and alt rock.
Well, if you've got different pickups the G400 might be nice(the G400 has the muddiest pickups I've ever played), but I'd go with the Tele, just because I've had better experiences with Fenders than Epis and Gibsons. But if those pickups are real nice the G400 might be better.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
what guitar do you own at the moment? if any?

i would go for the mim tele, in my opinion it does hit the genres a bit better with a single coil. and i myself also prefer a tele against a sg shape they look hotter and sound better, again in my opinion.
Quote by wolvenrick
what guitar do you own at the moment? if any?

i would go for the mim tele, in my opinion it does hit the genres a bit better with a single coil. and i myself also prefer a tele against a sg shape they look hotter and sound better, again in my opinion.

I have a Jay Turser strat knock off and an epi lp std. The pickups I have that I would put in the G400 is a Gibson Angus Young and a Gibson '57 Classic.
EDIT: Oh wow, someone I totally forgot to mention I am also considering the Epiphone Dot.
Last edited by getmad24_7 at Jun 15, 2010,
After owning an mim tele, and playing a few g400s I think the mexican teles are really great guitars and worth every penny. Much better than the epiphone imo
Quote by Enix165
Well, if you've got different pickups the G400 might be nice(the G400 has the muddiest pickups I've ever played).

This. The pickups truly are terrible. I have one. I have some Irongear pickups on the way. other than the muddiness tho I love my G400, plays very well. I can't testify to the tele, I'm not much of a fender guy.