Poll: What song am I gonna learn?
Poll Options
View poll results: What song am I gonna learn?
Led Zepellin - Stairway to Heaven
48 24%
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
55 27%
Metallica - Master of Puppets
99 49%
Voters: 202.
Page 1 of 2
So I wanna learn a somewhat complex and well known song. I got it down to three but I can't decide (Stairway to Heaven, Paranoid Android, Master of Puppets). So I figured I'd let the pit tell me how I'm gonna spend my next month or so.

Polls coming...

While you're at it, you can make this thread somewhat less pointless by dictating other parts of my life for the next month. (Don't worry about fap, I already have that one down. )
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Last edited by vartanspartan at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Well.......
Love Bug-Jo Bros.

hahahahaha....... no.

(to be fair tho, I did learn the riff to S.O.S. by them lol, it's a pretty fun riff)
Quote by Trowzaa
Mop
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Buy lots of milk......not a song but you know. Its good.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by last-1s-out
Buy lots of milk......not a song but you know. Its good.

I agree
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by guitartaber93
Blackbird.

+1
Wanted to play Bass, but then developed conscious thought...
There are a whole load more complex songs than those 3, but if it's one of those you have your heart set on, I say you should go for Master Of Puppets. It's good fun to play.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Or you could try some Coheed and Cambria stuff. Yeah, not the most well known, but still.

This. Always and Never is a good one or Time Consumer.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by BeefWellington
There are a whole load more complex songs than those 3, but if it's one of those you have your heart set on, I say you should go for Master Of Puppets. It's good fun to play.

I know, I just figured narrowing it down to 3 would be a more clear cut choice than just making it open to anything... cause I mean I know there's an infinite amount of complex songs.
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Or you could try some Coheed and Cambria stuff. Yeah, not the most well known, but still.

EDIT: ^^ Or that.
Last edited by benonbass1 at Jun 15, 2010,
Colony of Birchmen by Mastodon
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Puppetz, cause the other two suck...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I actually really need to check out some more coheed and cambria. welcome home is amazing but I haven't gotten around to hearing much else by them.
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by joshua029

you take that back!
Quote by Trowzaa
I don't like zep, never heard about radiohead, don't really care and don't really mind metallica, so, master of puppets.
Opeth funeral portrait.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by joshua029

Are you saying that Stairwat to Heaven and Paranoid Android sucks? i think you're so ****ing stupid your mother shit you instead of giving you birth...

BTW Maste of Puppets it's way overrated...
wow. its funny how everyone thinks their songs are better and you should learn what they tell you instead. def do master of puppets then stairway. everyone should know those songs.
find something that challenges you.
Quote by crohno
Are you saying that Stairwat to Heaven and Paranoid Android sucks? i think you're so ****ing stupid your mother shit you instead of giving you birth...

BTW Maste of Puppets it's way overrated...

I lol'd, don't know why.

But seriously learn Stairway. It actually sounds good.
by the way, this is UG, how the hell is Master of Puppets not gonna win..? most people here jerk off to those kind of songs.
Learn Stairway to Heaven, you can play acoustically/clean unlike Master of Puppets (I also dislike all thrash), and whilst Paranoid Android is an awesome song you can't really do it justice with one guitar, and without an envelope filter the solo doesn't sound particularly good.
Quote by vartanspartan
I actually really need to check out some more coheed and cambria. welcome home is amazing but I haven't gotten around to hearing much else by them.

Sorry, but Welcome Home is not even close to their best song. Try learning something like IRO-BOT, Delirium Trigger, or In Keeping Secret of Silent Earth. Off the topic of Coheed, learn something like Lateralus or Forty-Six & 2 by Tool, maybe even some Opeth. Don't pick something well known just for the sake of it being well known.
I will ruin every of your stuff...

Sir, I believe I love you.
Yeah you can sig that if you want.
-Posted by Kynyster_K
people, this thread isn't about the song you like more, it's about what song do you think it will challenge him.

voted paranoid android
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
Stairway to heaven.

you wont regret it man
I hail from Arizona, USA. Call me a tuskan raider (star wars)

I LOVE YOU

Yes, as you have guessed, unless it was related to bacon, the above post was probably foolish and immature. I'm sorry.
Page 1 of 2