Okay, first off, I already have a Marshall Full-Stack, had it for years, not looking to switch it, get rid of it, or anything like that at least not yet...but I first heard about these Marshall Dave Mustaine Cabinets a couple weeks ago...& I know that there's a Marshall Dave Mustaine Mini-Stack (which I'd expect to be like a copy of the Zakk Wylde Mini-Stack except designed to give the Dave Mustaine Vibe instead of Zakk Wylde & probably some subtle differences between the 2...but my main question here, is that I see Marshall's making the Dave Mustaine signature 4x12 cabinets...what in the hell head is meant to go on top of this thing?!? Last I heard, Dave was using some "Line 6 Dave Mustaine Amp" that wasn't even in Production & that only he had....so I don't know, is this a Marshall Marketing thing for that new Marshall MA inexpensive all tube Head?!? cuz these cabinets at musicians friend, are $1200 a piece...so if someone was going to buy $2400 worth of Cabinets...then they might as well go for broke & get like a 100W 1969 Marshall Plexi Head Re-Issue or find one of the Jimi Hendrix Signature or Tribute Heads...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Sputnik1
he uses the cab with a JVMh.

He used to...then made the move to his custom Line 6 head. The last rig rundown I saw, they were using DigiTech GSP's through Marshall power amps into these cabs
Quote by srob7001

he changes his gear too much...and uses a lot different rigs in studio than he does on the road.

(year and a half ago, Digitech+marshall power)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5rDQPaVDc

(before that...in this vid, he said he moved to digitech from the rocktron, so the link above is outdated)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5rDQPaVDc

(even earlier yet...line 6...note the krank and 5150 in the background)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1U-Go1cPxA

(before that...it was the JVMs)
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jun 15, 2010,
Oh....just thought I'd share what google found.

So many artist are always changing there gear. Really hard to stay on top of it.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
Oh....just thought I'd share what google found.

So many artist are always changing there gear. Really hard to stay on top of it.

Agreed. Most bands will use a TON of amps in the studio...in addition to the amp(s) they use in their road rigs....which is why I said 'note the 5150 and krank' in my last post
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Mazz-
Okay, first off, I already have a Marshall Full-Stack, had it for years, not looking to switch it, get rid of it, or anything ...blah bla blah...

So what full stack do you have now and what kind of music do you play?

The only signature gear I found that was any good to me was the Marshall Slash Sig 2555 JCM800.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

The only signature gear I found that was any good to me was the Marshall Slash Sig 2555 JCM800.

The new AFD100 looks promising, and the JCM 800KK was supposed to be quite good.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I have several different amp heads, but my "top" head (so-to-speak) is a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL...the 4x12 cabinets I have are a matching set; a Peavey 5150A & a Peavey 5150B cabinet...both are loaded with all Celestion G12T's (so that's 8 Celestion G12T's total). & I am a (or at least trying/learning/working very hard to become a) Neo Classical Rock/Metal Guitarist....
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Last edited by Mazz- at Jun 16, 2010,
Im not sure what the reason is for these cabs.
They are just 1960V cabs with a diamond grill and some weird graphite looking tolex.
Defintely not worth the asking price.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
So are they using different drivers or is it just a pretty graphics thing?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've heard a clip of the Marshall 1960DM (Mustaine sig) 4x12 cab together with a 2 channel-Recto and it sounds pretty killer.

It was posted on a German forum, here's the download link for all the clips:
http://www.lasselammert.com/sonstiges/CabShootout.zip

It's actually a shootout between a Marshall 1960 JCM900, a Marshall 1960AV, the 1960DM, Mesa Rectifier cab and Bogner Übercab.

I liked the Mustaine on best of them all, but maybe that's just me.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
70 watt v30s sounds like special uk made ones.
the new 1960s comes with chinese ones.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The 1960V has had 70 watt V30's in them for years. I haven't seen the inside of a brand new 1960V, so I'm not sure that they have the 60 watt Chinese V30's.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
To clear some stuff up:

Dave used the Line 6 head to record one album (I believe it was The System Has Failed) and for a brief time on the album's supporting tour. He always used Marshalls before that and has since switched back to Marshalls.

He has only used JVMs for recording and small shows (i.e. guitar conventions and what not). Live he uses a DigiTech 2101 preamp into a Marshall Dual Monobloc 100/100 power amp (he switched to the DigiTech a couple years ago, before that he used a Rocktron Prophecy).

These new DM cabs that Marshall is making is pretty much just a 1960 with a metal grill and V30s (I believe, haven't researched the cab that much). It's not designed to go with any specific head, its just a signature cab for Dave.
I've seen the DM cab up close more than once, and what I do have to say is the grill is thin and weak IMHO, and the Marshall logo attached to it is super flimsy. Kind of pathetic actually. Really turned me off to the cab. The tolex/covering is cool looking, but nothing extraordinary.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
The construction is a bit different, the way the baffle is mounted.
Can't think of the joint names off the top of my head, but that's the main difference I guess..