Hi, I got my new amp a few days ago (Laney AOR 50) and after playing it for a few days now, I'm not fully satisfied with the distortion. This might be due to the fact that the volume hardly ever goes above 1 in my house.

So, what I've decided to do is get an OD or a Distortion pedal to give me more crunch in my tone.

I don't have much to spend and thats why instead looking for a cheap pedal I decided I might try to build one myself if necessary as I do have soldering skills. What I need is some opinions on this, because I could probably spend up to £70 so I've obviously looked at a Cool Cat drive which is an OCD clone and I've had a look at some Guv'ner pedals (this was all on youtube) and thought the sound was ok but I'm just wondering if I can do better.

So, what pedal would i need for a Guns n' Roses, Motley Crue kinda sound as they are the two bands that I like the tone of, so I though it might be a good starting point for me?

Sorry if I missed any details, I'm fairly tired but if you need to know anything more just post.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
you can try the Jekyll&Hyde2, it has Overdrive and a Distortion side.

Not really what I'm looking for, I want something simpler, It just looks like I'd spend half of band practice just tweaking the thing. Also, it's a bit above my budget.

Also, another question, I found a schematic for a Crunch Box and I looked it up on Youtube and it sounds really nice. The question is, does anyone know of a website that can make a PCB board for me, as i would like to ask them for a quote.