Influences? Tones you're after? Stack or combo? Power? Weight? Size? You need to give is more than that...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Influences? Tones you're after? Stack or combo? Power? Weight? Size? You need to give is more than that...

This, and also where do you live? Because that will determine what is widely available to you
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by fleajr_1412

I think he just wants a random 400$ amp.
I've never had good luck with Ampeg, I've only ever played one, but it was kind of lacking.

A lot of people will tell you to stay away, but Peavy gives you a really great value for your money. The Peavys I used always had a great variety of tones, and were really cheap for what you get.

Basically, what I'm saying, is the 50 watt Peavy I bought for 300 bucks used was as nice or nicer then any 500-800 dollar amp I played.

EDIT: I might get flamed for this, but I stand by what I say.
Last edited by 20cdndollars at Jun 15, 2010,
Ive never had good luck with ampeg heads myself. Nice as they were, just not for me. Cabs either, look at some markbass/ashdown. Peavys are nice too, little more affordable
You could always go for a good 'ol Acoustic B200H and cab if you want a new amp.

If you look used, you may be able to find a nice Peavey or Ashdown head, and a cab for fairly cheap, that could run you right up to $500
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass