I got the idea a couple days ago to put one of those NOS car racing decals on my white guitar, and via photoshop this is what came out

what do you think? good or bad?

Maybe a different decal to try?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Just keep in mind that if you put stickers on your guitar and ever plan on selling it, you just killed the resale value by A LOT.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ehh, I'm not much for stickers on guitars. Refinishing is much more badass. But I agree with the guy above me, NOS on a guitar is a bit strange..
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Although it looks badass, I don't know about putting decals and stickers on a guitar. If your not concerned about your finish, go ahead. Excessive stickers/ decals can effect tone. One like that shouldn't hurt.

But I'd say do it, we must take risks like these in our search for badassery
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Given your user title, yes that fits perfectly.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by nigeltheginger
If you're thinking of selling it, is decalling it a good idea?

I'm selling a different guitar. i bought the pictured guitar earlier today, it hasn't even gotten here yet. I just think it would add a nice touch.

Quote by mtforever
Although it looks badass, I don't know about putting decals and stickers on a guitar. If your not concerned about your finish, go ahead. Excessive stickers/ decals can effect tone. One like that shouldn't hurt.

But I'd say do it, we must take risks like these in our search for badassery

Well keep in mind that I am planing on adding exclusively this decal. im not going to rape the guitar with stickers, and if the decal is permanent, I'm not going to put it on. If i wanted to sell my guitar, I don't see why pulling it off would be a problem.

And yes, my level of badassery required many risks, young grasshopper, and many more it shall take.

Quote by tubetime86
Given your user title, yes that fits perfectly.

oh FUNNY a gay joke!
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Personally, I think stickers on a guitar look stupid and immature. Like that's what 10 year olds starting their first punk band do.

...but don't let my jaded opinion discourage you...
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
My first neck still has a bunch of stickies on it. Hangs on the wall though.

Razor blade and warm water = how to get the stickies off
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Surely a NOS sticker belongs on an old strat that was found in the back of the warehouse gathering dust? Either that or a tube amp loaded with Bugle Boys and old Mullards. But, on a 7 string Ibanez? In what way is that NOS?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Surely a NOS sticker belongs on an old strat that was found in the back of the warehouse gathering dust? Either that or a tube amp loaded with Bugle Boys and old Mullards. But, on a 7 string Ibanez? In what way is that NOS?

NOS - Nitrous Oxide.
Not New Old Stock.
Quote by Cathbard

lolomg, thats awesome
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by littlephil
NOS - Nitrous Oxide.
Not New Old Stock.

Yeah well I did realise that but it would only have ironic comedic value if it was also somehow relevant to the guitarist definition of NOS. So on a JCM800 running NOS valves it would be a giggle; on a new Ibby, not so much.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah well I did realise that but it would only have ironic comedic value if it was also somehow relevant to the guitarist definition of NOS. So on a JCM800 running NOS valves it would be a giggle; on a new Ibby, not so much.

I had a giggle, I just wasnt sure you were joking. Hard to tell when all you can see is text.
Last edited by littlephil at Jun 16, 2010,