Hey guys, this is my cover of August Burns Red's awesome metalcore version of Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More Time.

I tabbed out the whole song by ear on Guitar Pro, 3 guitar tracks, one bass and drums. (If you want the tabs, just search for it here on UG, I submitted the tab yesterday )

I put the MIDI drums and bass into Cubase and used the onboard VST to get a cool sounding backing track. I recorded 2 main guitar parts, plus a clean one for the middle section and a couple of others for overdubs.

I tried some different mic placements to get a nice crunchy tone, let me know if I have succeeded

Feedback on my playing also welcome, and I will C4C if you ask nicely

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pzPF1RNUb4
why the **** would you you cover that song. Them covering that song shows how ****ing stupid metalcore can be. ****in emo's...
BLACK METAL IST KRIEG

I swing into action like a whirlpool,
I get wilder than a rapist in a catholic all girl school
Quote by mcthugnasty
why the **** would you you cover that song. Them covering that song shows how ****ing stupid metalcore can be. ****in emo's...

This thread is about his playing skills, not the song you elitist idiot. Go moan about metalcore and how stupid it is somewhere else please.

On a better note well done mate, thought it was excellent
Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD H-1001
Axe FX II
Blackstar S1-100 (selling)
Ovation Applause
Keeley modded TS-9
Boss NS-2 (selling)
Quote by mcthugnasty

Firstly, I covered it because I like it.

Secondly, I fail to see how a metalcore band doing a metallized cover of a pop song turns them into emos.

Thirdly, if you don't like it don't click it. Don't come into a thread asking for constructive feedback and then say "why the **** would they do that omg = emos.

Quote by eyeofthestorm08
On a better note well done mate, thought it was excellent

Thankyou very much
Last edited by Random3 at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Random3
Firstly, I covered it because I like it.

Secondly, I fail to see how a metalcore band doing a metallized cover of a pop song turns them into emos.

Thirdly, if you don't like it don't click it. Don't come into a thread asking for constructive feedback and then say "why the **** would they do that omg = emos.

Thankyou very much

i dont recall saying 'omg', thats for pussies and emo's. emo...
BLACK METAL IST KRIEG

I swing into action like a whirlpool,
I get wilder than a rapist in a catholic all girl school
Quote by mcthugnasty

Apart from the emo part. I agree. But you did it well.
Quote by mcthugnasty
i dont recall saying 'omg', thats for pussies and emo's. emo...

Look if all you are going to do is flame me for covering a song you don't like I will report you so get out of my thread please you elitist moron.

I see you are 15, this explains your warped view and your poor communication skills.
Last edited by Random3 at Jun 15, 2010,
Response to your crit on my thread...

Fair enough, people may question the choice of song, but you can't question the playing. Good job sir!
Good work,sounds cool, only the lead sound around 2:30 is a little weird for me.
What kind of Vst drum you used?
I thought it was fantastic, don't let the metalcore haters get you down. Very well done, aside from the shaky cam, I can't find any real faults!

Off to find an mp3...
You know how sometimes you get the feeling that nobody's really listening?

Yeah, welcome to the internet.
Quote by Random3
Hey guys, this is my cover of August Burns Red's awesome metalcore version of Britney Spears' Hit Me Baby One More Time.

I tabbed out the whole song by ear on Guitar Pro, 3 guitar tracks, one bass and drums. (If you want the tabs, just search for it here on UG, I submitted the tab yesterday )

I put the MIDI drums and bass into Cubase and used the onboard VST to get a cool sounding backing track. I recorded 2 main guitar parts, plus a clean one for the middle section and a couple of others for overdubs.

I tried some different mic placements to get a nice crunchy tone, let me know if I have succeeded

Feedback on my playing also welcome, and I will C4C if you ask nicely

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pzPF1RNUb4

hey man, can you possibly supply a link for the tab, if it's not too much trouble thank you