Ok so since I have my Blackstar Head with my Eminence Private Jack speaker I just love the growling tone I have and after I buy a few pedals I wanted im going to get a high end guitar for live use when I move and get a band.

Im lookin at ESP Jackson and BC Rich.

Im thinking of an ESP Alexi 600, Jackson RR3 (I belive the Japan model on ebay I seen), a RR24, BC Rich NJ V Deluxe, and the new BC Rich Iron Bird Pro.

I've played the ESP Alexi 600 that a buddy of mine had for sale it was an earlier model the white one with the Razor Blade inlays, I liked it but the neck seemed kind of thick, I've played a mid range RR i dont remember the model but it was used for like $499 so it could have been a 3, I liked the neck on it a lot better than my Les Paul.

I havent tried any of the high end BC Richs but ive heard they are great guitars from reviews.

I also dont like the fact the bc richs are mahogony since they are heavier and I want something Alder or Basswood so I can fly around on stage with, part of the reason I dont like my les paul.

Basically the style i play is from heavy metal (Priest, WASP, Maiden, Accept, Ozzy, Dio, Sabbath ) stuff like that to 80s Hair Metal and Hard Rock (Dokken, Whitesnake, Ratt, Scorpions, KISS, Warrant, Poison)

My favorite guitarist are Lynch, Doug Aldrich(W.S.), Chris Holmes(W.A.S.P.), Randy Rhoads, Warren Demartini, Alexi Laiho.

Just to give you an Idea, and I always want to keep the post short and simple but i end up with a wall of text haha sorry about that.

Also one of my FAVORITE necks i have ever played on was an ESP EC1000 thin U shaped neck. I have very big hands so thin necks are really comfortable
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Last edited by NGMF-Sam at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by Jackamedmos
Budget?

around $1000
i want to keep it about there or less, i dont mind buying used at all.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
i've actually been lucky enough to spend some time playing all the guitars you've listed. and here's my honest opinions (i'll keep it short since its just my personal opinions).

jacksons: necks are too think for me. i have huge hands and i find them very uncomfortable. i did not like the way the RR3 felt in my hands, and the RR24 had a sort of flat neck that i didnt like. i'm not a jackson guy by any means.

the bc rich v i'm actually indifferent about. i'm extremely picky about guitars, but i couldn't find much to complain about for it. looks were a little off for me, and it doesn't have colours i like, but other than that, solid guitar. felt good, sounded good, fun to play.

ltd: by far my favourite. the lack of a pickup was the only thing that kept me from buying it, and i went with the ec-1000 instead. that being said, the alixi had much better fret access, a smooth neck (not sticky whatsoever) and the neck was not too thin nor too thick. the binding was really cool looking too. the sound was what you'd expect and i couldn't stop smiling as i was playing it. it felt like home, and was incredibly fun to play. the tummy cut was a bonus as well (if i remember, it had one, but i could be going crazy)
eh im not really into Mockingbird shapes that much, i love the RR style V's
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Quote by NGMF-Sam
eh im not really into Mockingbird shapes that much, i love the RR style V's

Well if you want an RR-type V some sort of Jackson RR or ESP V(not too familiar with ESP, I played two or three of their Superstrats and was meh on them, then found out they don't make non-custom lefties so I never bothered to look at any of their other stuff)'d probably be up your alley. I wouldn't really look at a BC Rich unless I played one myself, mine was a piece of utter crap and my buddy's Masterpiece Bich looks nice but doesn't play any better than just good for the $550 he spent on it. So...yeah. I'd probably go with a Jackson RR of some sort, but that's just me. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
my vote is for the alexi 600. awesome guitar
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
i dont see why i need to upgrade my amp, i just got this and i like it alot, and when i do shows im just gonna mic it, i dont need headroom for cleans since i rarely even write songs with cleans, when the time comes im going to buy a bigger amp but this suits me perfect for now.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
BC Rich guitars are okay, i personally love the neck of the Epiphone/Gibson Flying V, its like butter in my hands
Quote by AcousticMirror
you should upgrade your amp first.

i think his amp is just fine. the ht-5 is a pretty decent head

Why not just get an EC-1000 Deluxe? They make a version seymour duncan jb/'59 setup, and other ones with an EMG 81/85 setup. They for $850 new I believe
Last edited by handbanana at Jun 15, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
i think his amp is just fine. the ht-5 is a pretty decent head

Why not just get an EC-1000 Deluxe? They make a version seymour duncan jb/'59 setup, and other ones with an EMG 81/85 setup. They for $850 new I believe

I was actually going to buy 1 they are really sexy guitars, but I already have LP style guitar and I want something with a trem, and damn V shape guitars are sexy.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Quote by NGMF-Sam
I was actually going to buy 1 they are really sexy guitars, but I already have LP style guitar and I want something with a trem, and damn V shape guitars are sexy.

They also make the EC with a floyd rose if that tickles your fancy
i own a bc rich jr v deluxe and its an absolute great guitar overall, if you want a bang for your buck i guarantee that you will love the bc rich. It plays like a guitar worth over a grand. Its got a great sound, the active emgs are amazing and it stays intune incredibly. I think i might sell my bc rich jr v deluxe because i need money and it was a purchase out a of a simple whim, but if i do sell it and get more money in the future i would definitely buy it again. if your interested i might let it go.
Trivium Rocks!!!